Drenched in Oil

Setup(E50 crappy case match to 70ccK-star)So my 15 SHA Dellorto Carburetor kept spitting back oil/gas through my airfilter and it eventually soaked my leg with oil. I have tried the following in order to help me but none have so far: Changed to a smaller SHA but same problem, Changed the intake manifold but same problem, even changed the kit from a 70cc to a 50cc, altered timing. It's like no matter what I change, oil keeps spitting back through the carb. Is it just the SHA brand that makes this happen? Do you stock tomos guys have similar problems with your' SHA carbs?Please help this has been annoying me for quite some time now

Re: Drenched in Oil

Its not the carb. Its the piston port cylinder. The 70 is a good cylinder otherwise. You can wear a legging on that side made of naugehyde.

Could have a little to do with your crappy case match but K-stars do that. I had one and it used to spit gas on me all the time. It gets worse with bigger carbs. You have a maxi? You could put a tube over the intake and have it go into the hole in the frame so you do get sprayed on. It might make your bike rust faster though.

Overpriced Parts /

Never had that problem using a 14mm bing and metal mesh filter

Get the cup-shaped SHA air box that Treats offers. I put one on my Sachs and it works. I think of it as a spittoon for my bike.

Cut up a plastic bottle to form a shroud around the carburetor to prevent the mess from getting on you. Otherwise you could engineer a reed valve intake which would help greatly.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account