Saber 100:1?

John Carlile /

100:1 seems like to little oil. But would 50:1 be to rich with saber? What would be the best ratio with Saber?

Re: Saber 100:1?

Andrew Squiggman /

well, they say 100:1 so why are you asking us?

Probably Fred /

Stock 1-2hp moped( normal service )with needle bearing small end of crank 80-100 to one is fine but a bushed crank small end at wrist-pin no run 50 to 1. 50 to 1 is needed so the 35 year old brass small end of crank don't melt. If your running a modded, kitted or race moped engine then Follow severe service mix 50 to one

Amsoil synthetic 100:1 pre-mix 2-cycle oil is recommended for all water-cooled and air-cooled pre-mix applications. a mix ration of 100:1 is recommended for normal duty service in applications such as motorcycles, mopeds, outboard motors, snowmobiles, weed eaters, lawn mowers and chain saws. for "severe service" applications, richer mix ratios of 50:1 to 80:1 are recommended. these include racing motors and hot operating workhorse motors that continuously run for extended periods of time.

Read this description^

John just ask me before you post questions like this on MA

I use 75:1 and have blown three crankshafts so far. I put them under a lot of stress though and all 3 were high milers. Dominator looks so thin in comparison though.

i believe 100:1 is intended for engines that have tight tolerances and very small clearances. i don't know if it is good for peds which usually have loose clearances compared to marine engines or what ever the saber was intended to run in . my theory is the thicker oil provides a grater cushion between parts than the 100:1 saber eave though the saber oil can handle the load. now if you had a race ped with tighter clearances it may preform better cause we know thinner oil likes to creep into tight spaces faster than thick oil.

I use 70-80:1 and have never had any issues with saber.

I try to follow logic and the oil manufacturers recommendations. We use mostly Spectro oils and they have a good technical information department just a phone call away. I run synthetic at about 50:1. You can't smell the moped running and no smoke is visible. I will let you know how things look when I pull the morini down some day.

It is good to remember that oil rich is fuel lean. Oil is not fuel so the more you put in the mix the leaner your jetting will be. It is a small amount, but it can make a difference in some applications.

Pete

Probably Fred /

joe muncey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i believe 100:1 is intended for engines that have

> tight tolerances and very small clearances. i

> don't know if it is good for peds which usually

> have loose clearances compared to marine engines

> or what ever the saber was intended to run in . my

> theory is the thicker oil provides a grater

> cushion between parts than the 100:1 saber eave

> though the saber oil can handle the load. now if

> you had a race ped with tighter clearances it may

> preform better cause we know thinner oil likes to

> creep into tight spaces faster than thick oil.

No

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

i have been rrunning 100:1 for years on everything

Most people racing 2 stroke motorcycles use 32:1 or 40:1 to insure enough lubrication on these work horse engines.

Pete

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

I have a couple thousand miles on a puch Gila and I spin it really high. I just had a crank stuffing/bearing failure? And pulled it apart for repair. The cylinder looks great! The piston knurling is worn off the thrust sideds so it needs a new piston but the cylinder looks great! Is this excessive??? Idk, but I'm happy with it 80:1.

I figure a piston every 2k is ok at 10k plus rpm.

And dude, there's another post on this page discussing this too. (edited)

Less oil is harder on the bottom end than the top end. The more rpm you turn, the more oil is required.

cheap shit Valvoline 2 stroke oil 3 oz per gallon. never seized never. NEVER.

Benito Papalo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> cheap shit Valvoline 2 stroke oil 3 oz per gallon.

> never seized never. NEVER.

I should start running that again. I miss having smoke.

I was riding behind a bike running my Dominator today and saw smoke from the stinger (only for about 2") and I was all like O.o

I haven't seen smoke from my bike in a LONG time.

Smoke up the whole block!

yes

lol so many people that arent quite sure about what they are talking about

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account