Malossi swing arm problems

Jarod V. /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok, so I'm finally putting together my Peugeot after getting it painted and building the engine, and am having major problems with the Malossi swing arm that maybe you guys can shed some light on.

First, I have a Doppler engine spring mounted to my engine. There doesn't seem to be a place to mount the rear spring mount on the swing arm. The best thing I think I could do would be to weld a plate in front of the pedal shaft slot, drill a hole through it and then mount the spring mount to that. If I did that it kinda defeats the purpose of having a pretty powder coated swing arm unless I get the whole thing stripped and re blasted, which is way more money and time consuming than it should be.

Second, the pedal shaft hole diameter is quite a bit larger than the actual pedal shaft, leaving it really really loose. Now, I pulled my Peugeot apart 2 years ago and might not remember right but I don't remember the stock swing arm pedal shaft hole being loose.

As a matter of fact, I vaguely remember the stock swing arm having a plate in the middle that would have made mounting the spring mount way easier as well.

I hope I didn't make a horrible mistake buying this Malossi swing arm. Anybody have any ideas?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account