Malossi swing arm problems

Ok, so I'm finally putting together my Peugeot after getting it painted and building the engine, and am having major problems with the Malossi swing arm that maybe you guys can shed some light on.

First, I have a Doppler engine spring mounted to my engine. There doesn't seem to be a place to mount the rear spring mount on the swing arm. The best thing I think I could do would be to weld a plate in front of the pedal shaft slot, drill a hole through it and then mount the spring mount to that. If I did that it kinda defeats the purpose of having a pretty powder coated swing arm unless I get the whole thing stripped and re blasted, which is way more money and time consuming than it should be.

Second, the pedal shaft hole diameter is quite a bit larger than the actual pedal shaft, leaving it really really loose. Now, I pulled my Peugeot apart 2 years ago and might not remember right but I don't remember the stock swing arm pedal shaft hole being loose.

As a matter of fact, I vaguely remember the stock swing arm having a plate in the middle that would have made mounting the spring mount way easier as well.

I hope I didn't make a horrible mistake buying this Malossi swing arm. Anybody have any ideas?

Re: Malossi swing arm problems

Jarod V. /
16v OP

Ok, I think I may have figured out the pedal shaft problem. I'm assuming I need a set of these:

https://www.treatland.tv/peugeot-pedal-crank-bushing-p/pedal-crank-bushing-peugeot.htm

So, I think I have that figured out. Any solution on the Doppler spring mount?

Jarod V. /
16v OP

Nobody else has encountered this problem?

were you actually expecting moped parts to go together and work, just, like, as is?

mounting aftermarket springs is always a fuckjob. those 'kits' are more accurately a combination of some parts that you may find useful in developing a spring mounting system of your own

i don't know that malossi swingarm but you can probably find something to drill and bolt a mount so you don't have to weld.

Jarod V. /
16v OP

I figured it would be some work, but I wasn't expecting it to completely not fit at all. I've already had to modify literally almost everything so far on this bike to make it fit together and work reliably, I just hoped I didn't have to start chopping up the swing arm too.

Jarod V. /
16v OP

I guess it's hack n weld time

not a Baron Asshole /

If malossi ever developed a spring i guarantee that there would be a place to mount it on that arm, as most companies make their products all work together as a "team"

Im going around the fuckery when combining parts such as the doppler spring and polini pipe, which take up the same space, but with serious cutting and welding voila!

Like graham and I say: welcome to mopeds, nothing just works

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account