CEV Headlight Question

Looking to replace my euro trash headlight with a bullet headlight, but the only one available seems to be a CEV sealed beam headlight. I was wondering how they hold up or if I should continue my search for the non sealed headlight. Do you have to replace them often, since the voltage varies with mopeds? Moped Division seems to sell the bulbs for $10 vs. the cheaper 1156/7. Can anyone tell me if Tomos runs on 6V or 12V?

Re: CEV Headlight Question

Run a regulator.

... so it stays bright?

It keeps voltage spikes from occurring, which blow lights quickly.

Anyone with a Tomos know which one I would need? I know Radio Shack sells inexpensive condensers.

Matt Grantonic /

For whatever it's worth, I put a sealed beam in my Vespa Grande and it's holding up well. I believe the specs said it was good for 50 hours which sure sounds low but so far so good. BTW I purchased it at Grainger and it's a 6 volt. I used the 12 volt version purchased from Tractor Supply and I'm not sure if I could tell any difference in brightness. Good luck

Has anyone converted the sealed beam headlights to the 1156 bulbs? I know on Myron's Moped website, he has pictures of him cutting the back out. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this themselves.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account