Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxi

Graham Motzing /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

its actually a pretty well written post but its going to be tough to pick a pipe based on what you have told us.

if you're just looking for a pure top end boost, and don't mind loosing some low end, the boss is the highest rpm pipe.

my all time favorite stock puch pipe is a proma GP it has great torque and pulls strong through the midrange, but it doesn't rev as high as the boss. For my tastes, it is worth the loss in top speed because the bike is so much quicker and more fun to ride. If you want to get more top speed out of it, you can add a lot of porting with the GP and not loose all your low end.

the tecno circuit is good midrange too, but like all circuit pipes it is more likely to crack and get messed up on curbs and stuff. It doesn't offer as good of low end as the proma GP, but it does have better midrange and a more noticeable 'hit' especially with some porting.

the estoril is not a pipe i tend to choose for stock cylinders, its big and clunky and hits your ankle and usually requires bullshit to mount up. I like it for conservative kit builds in its stock (restricted) form, and its a ripper on top when unrestricted.

if you plan on eventually kitting, the Proma Circuit is a great pipe on kits, and OK on stock, but its low quality, loud, and doesn't do much until you port.

I avoid the bullets/biturbos at all costs because they are loud and annoying and i've spent way too many miles stuck behind them at rallies to ever willingly listen to one. They also kill your bottom end and midrange in exchange for a minor boost on top. Some people love them, i think most people think they are faster than they really are, because the poopey midrange makes you feel the pipe 'hitting' harder, just because it goes from totally sucking to less sucking.

I guarantee that if you put a Proma GP on your bike you will be happy, and you will blast anyone else you ride with. Usually you pass everyone (including kitted bikes) taking off from a light with very little fanfare, then they all get up to speed about 3 blocks later to go screaming by you just in time for them to hit the brakes again.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiTopic by: Sam Colby Sam Colby 05/28/14 07:58AM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Downhill Harvey (OFMC) 05/28/14 08:35AM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: christian boucher christian boucher 05/28/14 09:08AM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Probably Fred Probably Fred 05/28/14 10:19AM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Brent Bublitz Brent Bublitz 05/28/14 11:29AM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Kyle M. Kyle M. 05/28/14 11:57AM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Probably Fred Probably Fred 05/28/14 12:10PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Flagrant - Flagrant - 05/28/14 12:39PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Probably Fred Probably Fred 05/28/14 01:55PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield 05/28/14 02:31PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 05/28/14 12:45PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: ***VANILLA BLUNDER*** ***VANILLA BLUNDER*** 05/28/14 12:49PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield 05/28/14 12:51PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Sam Colby Sam Colby 05/28/14 02:03PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 05/28/14 02:22PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: mit mortso mit mortso 05/28/14 02:32PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: David Gabert David Gabert 05/28/14 10:59PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs 05/28/14 11:32PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs 05/29/14 07:40PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: John Freeman John Freeman 05/29/14 09:16PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Totally normal JBOT Totally normal JBOT 05/29/14 09:32PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Probably Fred Probably Fred 05/29/14 10:03PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: mit mortso mit mortso 05/31/14 01:53PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Bobby Sims Bobby Sims 06/01/14 05:16PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Brandon LSLB Brandon LSLB 06/01/14 08:46PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Mai ze Mai ze 05/28/14 02:20PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Sam Colby Sam Colby 05/28/14 02:28PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Mai ze Mai ze 05/28/14 02:43PM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Mai ze Mai ze 05/29/14 09:04AM
  Re: Need help choosing a performance pipe for maxiRe: Mai ze Mai ze 05/30/14 02:27PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account