Re: Looking to machine more parts; Need to know which bikes need em.

I wouldn't be going with Twin crank cases... I'd be building a horizontally opposed engine with two cylinders sharing a crankcase. This has the advantage of minimal vibration, extremely high crankcase pressures, and of course, twice the displacement.

As for the AV cases modified for Puch stud spacing, I can do those. Treats has the needle bearing, all that would need to be done is make up a bracket. I'll look into it.

yea do those things with that vespa clutch bell. and i will buy one.

Yeah I'm not sure how much more cost effective the custom billet cases will be compared to a clutch bell. Just saying.

You can't sell a clutch bell for $300. I could probably sell a custom case spacer and crank 'nugget' for that much.

And the Puch cases would be reworked AV7 cases. so yeah

I'll see about making up a couple vespa bells, I have a couple laying around to take Dimensions off of

Oh I agree, I would never buy a bell for $300, however I wouldn't buy some hacked up av7 cases for that either. And I would just make my own case spacer.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

hmm how bout an adapter/riser so a sachs 505 1a with a d crank can run puch kits?

it would be the balls if it could be done, and its just bolt on for us lazy folk.

Brent Bublitz /

♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> hmm how bout an adapter/riser so a sachs 505 1a

> with a d crank can run puch kits?

>

> it would be the balls if it could be done, and its

> just bolt on for us lazy folk.

I would settle for a proper spacer just so I can raise the dam intake on a 505 1a and throw on a diferent carb.

Also, bow about machining headlight buckets? I would be down for a milled aluminum bucket with room for a speedo in it.

Those clutch bells do sell for like $300.

WHat if the bells were closer to 100?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

old batavus m48 cases make cool metal headlight buckets.

eh yeah them carb risers for 5051a or how bout a vaccuum formed tomos side airbox that rams air in there by way of a scoop with the whole thing designed to vortex the airflow into the venturi

Make an expandable adaptor for mounting disk brakes in Derbi drums

This one should be easy,

a mounting plate specific to hpi rotors that can engage a standard pull start pawl.

Michael Thomas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> WHat if the bells were closer to 100?

I would buy. Do itttttttttt!

+1

Vespa bell

These will work for some of the dual variated Minarellis too

Yah. I haven't blown my vespa bell up yet - but I'm trying/scared. would love a beefier one

You will soon Ryan ;)

What I was saying is a company is selling $300 clutches. If he could make them for even $200 it's worth it to me. It's not like they are in short supply in Italy just over here.

sookia sookia /

How about varplus weights that don't suck

Yeah dude, worst part about a bell explosion... Is that if you are not checking it on the reg, one day its just going to explode. I have never seen one that kinda broke. They are always grenades.

A complete hpi mini hobbit pull start will a bolt on plug and play would definitely be ideal if and when you produce a non decomp water cooled hobbit head. Especially with the pull start with a housing that bolts to where the chrome cover mounts to the case. Ideally the kit would have

1 water cooled hobbit head with several options for bore from 46-47.6

2 bracket to mount a specific water pump that we can agree works

3 the aluminum pit bike pull start with a housing that bolts onto the case at the chrome cover spots

4 bolt on thingie to hpi mini flywheel that mates with the pull start.

Sell as complete package or as parts. Make sure the hpi gets some air to cool. But hopefully the water cooled head keeps the heat down.

That would be definitive

or machine the hpi engage plate and let people figure out on their own how to mount the pull start housing, that way you could use it on any bike puch, derbi, honda etc.

I can do Varplus weights that don't suck easily, and I'm going to order up the material for the Vespa Clutches on Thursday.

I'm a little behind because my "Real" Job has me working overtime and I had to go to the Doctor twice this week. But the input is appreciated, and as soon as I can, I'll get to making up the Solidmodels.

sookia sookia /

bump for a gy6 variator

Has anyone actually blown up a new production vespa bell that wasn't 'vintage', I mean decades old and alerady cracked? Mine definitely had some cracks that were already rusty before it grenaded; https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,2715103,2718992

I should really update this.

I got a new job building robot submarines, and don't have immidiate access to a machine shop but I'm gonna try and buy some time at a shared space when I get some extra time and cash.

Upgraded to An additional girlfriend around the same time though, and SHE fell in love with my Tomos Streetmate R, so...

"additional girlfriend" lol

Kevin Bishop /

+1 for pawl for pull start

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account