maxi help

Installed my DPM 70cc kit(ported the e50), put on the delorto 15.15 carb, matching 15 intake, blue boy air filter, and a new plug. Went to start it and got nothing. The fuel is flowing fine but I get nothing when I kick it over.....what to do now?

Re: maxi help

William Kordenbrock /

had a similar problem with mine. i turned off the fuel, pulled the plug, and kicked it over a few times then put the plug back in and it worked fine after.

alex martino /

Also not sure what this it but it came with the kit.

jet.jpg

what the faggot fuck are you two retards talking about?

OK, #1. Will K, your situation is wholly unrelated. that really doesnt help anyone. i mean thanks for trying to help. but that's like me saying, "yea i had a bike that didnt start once too, but the next day it did start, so try waiting a day."

and #0.5 (as in 1/2; as in should be before #1) have you jetted this? or check any of the standard things? spark fuel compression etc.

your details on what you did are very vague.

you absolutely cant just slap on some kit carb intake and plug and expect it to magically work.

1st - jetting. then come back if you still have problems.

alex martino /

Well the jet is stock. I do have some extras I could try but wouldnt the stock jet at least kinda work?

alex martino /

I have great compression and the spark plug has a great spark to it.

Probably Fred /

Use choke.

Timing off

Piston upside down

Air leak

alex martino /

Choke did nothing.

I guess the timing could be off but wouldn't I at least get something?

Piston is installed correct.

No air leaks.

How do you know there are no air leaks if you can't start the motor?

alex martino /

Because I just put everything together and I took my time doing it so why would I have an air leak?

Probably Fred /

Put about 1/2 of a soda straw worth of gas mix in the plug hole and try

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

You need to rejet. Also seeing as your moped doesn't run, this thread belongs in the Repair Forum.

Even pros get air leaks bud, they're just one of them things and usually a good 50% of the reasons most people on here that post for help.

alex martino /

Ok so I up-jetted from the stock 68 to a 70 and that got her started but she still wasn't running well so I went up again to a 72 and she was still at the same point so I must have a leak somewhere. Tomorrow I will go out and get some carb cleaner and see if I can find the leak.

Thank you to everyone for the help! We will find out tomorrow what the problem is.

ur gonna need some bigger jets bud.

Yea dude do some research before throwing kits... Grab some 80s and 90 jets...

george boardway /

hey cut him some slack I had a terd motor no matter what wouldn't run it was fluke the gasket sealer was made before alcohol fuel and melted it really sucked and was a goober mess on my new parts what a pain in the ass cleaning everything

Brent Bublitz /

It also seems to have melted your ability to use punctuation and grammar.

Andrew Squiggman /

Brent Bublitz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It also seems to have melted your ability to use

> punctuation and grammar.

No kidding. from his profile:

i build vespa why cause there simple and i really like the crowd that ride mopeds are a lot of fun and yes i always need help cause all my mopeds are mechaniclly challanged benj at treat has been a big help and there have been a lot of others its much nicer than the motorcyle crowd cause every one trys to help each other i had problems that where just [ crazy] like the gasket sealer melting cause it was made before alcohaul fuel man what a mess

70cc dmp and a 15.15 sha should be something like 78-86 jet depending on the pipe and air filter

once you get it running spray some carb cleaner at all the joints where you had to seal two things together and see if it dies or if the idle changes. if it does you have a leak

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account