Homemade Moped Things Thread

I don't know if admins can make threads to sticky, but i think we should collect all the homemade moped things, like I have seen here CNC clutches, Homemade hi-comp head, and other things someone built with his bare hands, and not bought or anything. I have a lot of homemade things i have done for mopeds, like case induction, lightening parts, homemade exhausts, and others.. I think thats a good idea. We could start posting!

EDIT: Photos are welcome and sometimes NEEDED!Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/13 05:04PM by David Sirotic.

Re: Homemade Moped Things Thread

Home Made

Dirty30 Dillon /

^^^ thread over :/

I love the lines that the tool path leaves in aluminum! I miss running machines. GREAT work and thanks for sharing. There's lots of time in that puppy.

Thread is not over. Just let the users see this thread, someone will post..

I'm having a problem with my pants. They do not have enough space for my erection.

Supercooler Moby head. Pics of Seat covers and other nifty parts to come once I get my camera back from Worcester

not a case but i made this intake

intake.jpg

It's super ugly but I made a reed valve adapter for a V1 I am working on.

I didn't have cool tools so I filed the adapter plate entirely by hand....

Custom intake for a Batavus, couldn't find any photos of it welded up

Super beefy clip-ons made from modified BMX stems

That's all I have for now.

Some of my projects. I love the making things part of building peds.

This is all I had to offer, yet they are still not for sale in stores.

Nicholas Voigt Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae218/TeckNickK

> olor/333F458B-FAE8-4C17-A2C1-61E6B6123369-11018-00

> 00034FE2B95A91.jpg

W..o..w... what ignition is that?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hpi mini rotor

yep.....

Yup

lets see some more cool stuff!!!

Here, have some stuff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/13 11:08AM by Mars™  .

Eav6VogKvfkO8GN4YGxWrX2kYCazSd0wsb0XuTw853s.jpg

GLixN9ByjX5Pd0dob1RYIuvxDsI6goGOagkYZywhaHc.jpg

GqA3CqF8E5lnv86a9N7AsjvPQ9bOys6t7MFFkI6losA.jpg

IrEAroa-PZncrS84SPsf8Mn99XCw1yfAfqU7zwDK0w0.jpg

q0EGrKzdUjD_oXaRKE_Z6CxH1X06foB0SJjwXUt8UK0.jpg

QDKA5pktcWVubf7NYOxa5Ra1jGFaeqtrmIo-ivUVCUY.jpg

Dang Graham, you made all that oil yourself!? ;)

Hey Graham, on those 46mm hobbit heads...

What plug should I run with it? Stock type? and adjust heat range to suit?

yeah i own motul, for sure... make it in my basement out of roach poop and discarded french fry grease.

i usually run B8hs on a hobbit, or BR8HS if you have CDI. You'll probably want to pull your timing back a hair, for points bikes you want to run the gap a tiny bit smaller than stock. I think stock is like .014" on those, I like them about .012. If carbon is building up on your head (running synth. 2T) you need to retard more.

Thanks, I figured because it was a "stock head" but modified would still use the BPR7HS.

As far as I understand a BR7HS reaches longer into the cyl. than the "P" version. Figure if this head is shaved at all then longer isn't better. But maybe you milled out not down?

Running a DR setup with stuffed crank. May have to look into slowly testing a standard BR7HS or BR8HS.

kinetic plastic fan adapted for vespa w/tiny rotor

an intake for the malossi vespa cases that doesn't suck. i also modified a 21 phbg to work with it.

later i made another intake for a tm24, but it wouldn't fit in the ciao without losing the pedal shaft so i sold the intake.

and there's this whole bike.

and this thing that's slowly coming together. it's getting the engine from the bike above.

not performance related, but my girlfriend wanted a coat rack so i made her one from moped parts.

Hmm, how do I back off timing on the CDI models? Isn't the flywheel keyed to crank? (been while since had apart)

Would I use a stroke gauge in the plug hole to check it? Sorry never had to play with hobbit ignitions.

The flywheel is keyed, so you can either accomplish that by closing your point gap a bit, or removing the key and moving the point cam where ever you want.

holy balls of glory that za looks amazing.......... just blew my whole set.

case inducted ? wow ,, did you just block of the cylinder ? hmm i have talked with tim about something like this but now i know it can be done..

mph? 70+

Eh, it never ran quite right. Would hit maybe 50. I'm hoping to get that thing fixed up this fall when I get some free time. It ran really hot from a few minor leaks, but the real problem was that it utterly destroys the ZA clutches. I was only able to ride this thing two days; a set of clutches each day. After ruining those, I just tucked it away in my shed and haven't touched it since :-/

Yep, I just plugged the MK80 intake.

I had to have someone else weld the block parts on for me as we didn't yet have aluminum welding available and for some reason they didn't want to complete the welds. They were worried about melting the whole case. So, I had to try to seal it up with JB and that just sucked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/13 04:41PM by Mars™  .

4lbv8T45v2-nVPBuCLbx9pBCTenNOHlTVMKyDXej2dk.jpg

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /