Re: Snowflake Disc Brake - DIY w/PICs

god damn. i almost paid somebody to machine me a piece of metal to do just this. this is rad and so many cheaper.

For sure cheaper. It works. Mine is still going fine.

grreat innovation and progress what rotors are these?

Ed - Dead Possums /

Honda cbr600 I think. Can't remember. Both are off the front.

but hold down!...

those are milled/lathed spacers not that gm?

Ed - Dead Possums /

Correct. Probably should be in a different thread, but I also posted my rear Puch snowflake brake in this thread too so decided to keep it all in the same place.

Do you loose the pedal chain with that back wheel?

Ed - Dead Possums /

On the Moby, yes.

On the puch snowflakes, no.

Ed Dead Possums Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> On the Moby, yes.

> On the puch snowflakes, no.

How about spokes, thanks for the info on this too.

Ed - Dead Possums /

Never done a rear on spokes.

Front disc brake on spokes, just buy 80cc dirt bike wheel.

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

Go back a page, Aaron Pusher put one on a spoked rim using the pulley method. It's a different pulley as it's 10mm smaller, benz instead of gm.

Or the 80cc dirt bike method is easy peasy too.

bump for knowledge, because im at work and not near my wheels, anybody know off hand what size vespa front hub diameter is? I can just measure when I get home, but I'm impatient haha

Try here: www.ciaocrossclub.it

It's the biggest vespa forum in Italy, you can find all about vespa ciao, bravo, boxer, si,...

I am aware of the ciaocrossclub, thanks though! just looking for a quick response. Ill measure and update when i get home

Update: my vespa snowflakes are 105mm. Did anyone find a decent solution for tomos mags yet?

Just a question, can i put the brake caliper in the mounts existing in the fork (black ebrs, like yours) without welding new ones in the fork?

Ed - Dead Possums /

No.

Or you possibly just need to modify your caliper bracket. Most likely need to weld something.

Yes, i thought that a new bracket is needed, but, i can't just simply bolt on te new bracket on the old mounts?

Ok the Peugeot spoke disc with gold caliper loked the fuck up on me doing a stoppie and I went over the bars. Fuck yes. Solid as can be.

Thank you sir :)

So this works with a 90mm Grimeca hub center? I have one and want to give it a try.

Ed - Dead Possums /

Yeah

So on the rear Puch snowflake are the sprocket and disk sharing the same bolts? Or is the disk spaced out away from the drive chain to make room? Sorry I just can't picture it from what is shown.

Couldn't I just pick a rotor with a big enough center and just go over the pedal chain stub and bolt through the hub and into the pulley from the other side? Sandwiching the wheel between the rotor and pulley?

A hand drawn diagram would help me out, I am trying not to drill too many holes in my powder coated wheels or buy too many pulleys.

Thanks!!

Ed - Dead Possums /

The rear does not use a pulley. You need a machined spacer, mine was about 11mm thick. Like a big washer to space the disc out away from the wheel, but also between the wheel and pedal chain. The bolts are long and run all the way through, holding sprocket, spacer and disc all in one.

Oh ok. So you drill the spacer and the disk rotor all to the sprocket bolt pattern and then the bolts go all the way through the hub.

Then minus one pedal chain huh? Now I get it.

Thanks

Ed - Dead Possums /

Nope, pedal chain still works. Nice tight fit.

Are all snowflake Mag's the same? Ya know... Puch vs Sachsetc...

Ed - Dead Possums /

No idea. Just measure. 90mm hubs

Vespa are larger. 105mm

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account