Re: up jeting my 83 nu 50

joe muncey /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

from my experience using the stock carb with the DR70cc; a 90-95 jet is some where in the ballpark. remove the oils injection pump and block off the port with a freeze plug or something similar. the oil injection pump is actually good quality , the failure point IN MOST CASES (on Honda) is not the pump at all, it is having sludge or junk from the oil tank restricting flow to the pump or jamming it up. if you choose to keep the oil pump installed you will have to mix some supplemental oil to the gas due to the increase in surface area of the piston and cylinder at this point im just spitting back info i have read in the past but from my experience i had sized my stock top end due to inandaqit lubrication due to some fault in the lubrication system so no i run 32:1 and i have removed and blocked off the oil pump hole/ port with a freeze plug.

short answer: run a 95 jet if you are not 100% sure what you are doing, its best to be on the safe side. remove oil pump and run 32:1

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account