za50 shift points?

john cervini /

So i just took the maxi sport out for a test ride. I really like the za50. I climbed our hills here like nothing. It has an athena 70cc 15mm bing, 88 jet. It seems to shift at different times. Any specific speed it should shift at?

Re: za50 shift points?

flip the 2nd clutch.

john cervini /

I will have to read up on that.

Im 14 and i did it. Its a pretty basic upgrade. It makes your 2 gear engage later. So, you would go into second at like 30-35 mph. Go to "disassemble a puch za50 engine" in the wiki and it explains it somewhere in there. You have to torque everything back to factory spects when you put it back together tho! I have them on my computer if you want me to send them to your email!

Overpriced Parts /

It could have been flipped already by the person who kitted it.

30-35 mph only if up geared

Stock gears about 15-25 mph to shift .

My hi powered kitted 21x36 za50s shift at near 40 mph but I blip shift to save the gears pucks before they shift by them self

What's blip shifting?

john cervini /

I will find out when i tear it down. My sprockets are 18 front and 40 rear. The front sprocket seems loose as well. I just pulled the za50.

Overpriced Parts /

Blip the throttle instead of waiting for the za50 to shift itsself .

Stock bikes no biggie but kitted bikes blipping the throttle when the rpm is just right saves the gears/pucks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account