Cady engine...

Hi there!

My buddy grabbed this moby for our nascent moped gang here in Toronto.

Anyway, he's not keen on doing much work to it (as you can see, it's in immaculate condition).

I'm having trouble identifying the engine. I believe it's an Isodyne, but I don't know where to find the identification on the engine. All I see is TUM-143.

Is it Isodyne? Super Isodyne? Could it be AV7?

The reason I ask is because we want to improve the speed of this thang. It's not the best. 40k on flats! The nice part is that he gets to bask in the glory of our four-man gang as he lags behind and gets occasionally honked at.

I'm not optimistic about making it any faster if it's an Isodyne. Can anything be done?

Thanks all.

Ben's Lumia 610_000955.jpg

Re: Cady engine...

Where in Toronto are you guys? There's a bunch of us in Kitchener/Waterloo.

My guess is it's an M1PRT with the Isodyne. The motor is really limited. I would look into putting an av7 on it, you can get up to 65-70 no problem with some porting and a carb.

Ven is right - Isodyne motor, M1PRTS (M1=Isodyne; PR = 16" wheels; T = front suspension; S = rear suspension)

You can throw an adapter onto the frame to accept a AV7 with Dimoby, not much point to put a variator onto it because the bike weighs almost zero. Little more complicated to put the variator but that is also do-able.

Upgrades to the Isodyne motor would be to derestrict the exhause, take out the inner header sleeve and open the exit so it is freer breathing, up grade the intake to a M3 and put on a SHA 14:12. You can do some slight porting on the motor as well. Single main bearing is the limiting factor.

M3 Super Isodyne motor can take a bit more punishment with the two mains, but you would have to start fabricating manifolds and exhause pipes...

Vova,

We are right downtown! We picked up four 'peds this winter. Building the gang up. There are hardly any riders in this city. You got a crew out there?

Rebel,

I appreciate the help very much.

Doing the below mods, what kinda mph/kph boost could one expect? Just want to take it up so he can keep up a little better in city traffic :P

"Upgrades to the Isodyne motor would be to derestrict the exhause, take out the inner header sleeve and open the exit so it is freer breathing, up grade the intake to a M3 and put on a SHA 14:12. You can do some slight porting on the motor as well.

Again, thank you so much!

If you are trying to run in traffic with the Cady then I would suggest to look into finding a AV7 with Dimoby - they do come in the very popular 50km/h (30mph) flavor!

Or if you are crazy, you can slightly modify a morini s6 series engine and run a direct chain drive on a cady. I plan to finish that when I get motivated enough or one of my iso's break. By modify I mean cutting the head a touch to fit in the cady mounts. The av7 route is probly cheaper and more stock. I just have a s6-e sitting around.

"I just have a s6-e sitting around."

In the voice of Napoleon Dynamite "Luckyyyyyy"

rick1969ca lazio /

if you guys are older than 25 or something pm me... i'll join up. got a stock tomos st and one that's modified and getting a polini treatment.

Well...I'm going to be 23 if that's close enough aha. Anyone's always welcome to come check out our shop in Kitchener. We'll probably go on a few unofficial rides in the summer just to meet new people and whatnot.

rick1969ca lazio /

technically i'm in oakville and get to tor alot. but if you guys gota gang going on maybe a meetup in campbellville in summer sometime.

good stuff. Yeah there's some guys in London as well. At the least I think we should all rent a van and get some peds down for Friday 13th in Port Dover. Last year there were 75,000 motorbikes of all kinds. But no mopeds except for one sweet custom electric. So we need to make an appearance :D

rick1969ca lazio /

sounds cool... lemme know

I am way older so keep the change available and I can make up for anyone who is too young... hahaha

You guys are almost a circle around Paris Ontario so get together and do a road trip to Paris Fair Grounds on weekend of June 14-16 - serious vintage bike rally there and the goodly folks in CVMG are moped friendly - last year there were peds and parts for sale at their swap meet AND you will see all sorts of inspirational bikes and meet some goodly folks!

^ This idea is excellent.

John Joedicke /

Also a vintage MC swap meet at Paris Fair Grounds on Saturday April 27th put on by the Kitchener CVMG.

Darn, I'm in Vancouver then..

Vova - S6e was for

Then they kinda made the motorized bikes a big grey area, so it's just been sitting around :(

Should make Cady go go go. :)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account