Test & Tune: Puch Airsal EUROKIT 47mm 6 port kit

Here is the beginning of my review for the Puch Airsal EUROKIT 47mm 6 port kit.

When I first caught a glimpse of this cylinder a year or so ago, I knew there was going to be some fun had once it was made available. Thank you, Benji, for getting Airsal to make a special batch.

Going against my normal routine of cutting into the cylinder before ever running it, I will be leaving this one stock for a short period. Once i get some miles on it, off it will come for further tuning. I'll make sure and keep all of it documented here.

This kit is not for the beginner/grom/halfassers out there.

Transfers are GIANT and require the cases to be welded up

Here is a Gila with the Eurokit gasket scribe

Here is the smallest space on the Eurokit. Lots of extra room

Intake and exhaust

As you might have heard, you must play with the spacing to get the right piston-head clearance. In my findings, you will need to add around 1mm to get in the correct squish range. So grab some .50 and .75 gasket paper to cut your base from and buy an extra 47mm head gasket and you'll be all set.

This is tdc with no base gasket

Everything blkblk

Today was the first day running it. It is a total blast to ride and is unlike the feeling of a fast Gila or Polini. It has the classic, piston port kick in the pants torque, super high compression and is noisy as all hell. The out of the box performance is crazy and Airsal has designed this kit with tons of extra material for further tuning.

Current Spec:

unstuffed crank w/uprated needle bearing

2 shoe with kick start springs

mini rotor hpi @3mm

21 dell w/105 mian, 50 idle

mlm bk100 cut and welded flat

17x40 city gearing

Bottom line is you NEED to build one. Puch Kit of 2013

Re: Test & Tune: Puch Airsal EUROKIT 47mm 6 port kit

We have one in the shop, and we were comparing it to the Gila and the Metra Large port. This kit looks balls! We nee to build this thing and race!

What intake is that? Did you play with the intake port? It looks like it could be lowered by a little but not raised.

-Brian- The Ruffians STL /

Winter, fuck off so I can play with mine! Every thread about these just makes my dick get a little harder. When you say unlike a fast gila or polini, what are you referring to? Can't wait for the rest of your review and others too.

Brian: I'd assume it's because of the piston port, it tends to make a steadier and longer power band, whereas the gila and the polinis can be higher and shorter.

LSLB rx-B Cross country world champion /

this thing looks like it rules. i have a set of e50 cases i had tig'd up awhile ago, and they might just end up with this.

and now they are out of stock! don't seize em!

Did you get one adam?

Charlie, you're going to love it. Get to it. I dought I'll be bringing it to Chicago, but if I do we can race. Mine of course will be about a pound lighter from all of the porting by then.

William, i'm running a rando intake that I found @treatland...the kit is completely untouched, straight out of the box, and yes the intake port has all kinds of room for improvement.

Turbo is right. Piston port cylinders make power all over the rev range. Your not waiting around for the power to hit. It starts pulling much earlier then all the other rad puch kits.

nope, i did not. i'm sure they will be back though.

HNNGGGG need to find one for my ZA50 build adventure. Had the 72cc Airsal and loved it.

This thing is going to destroy za clutches so be prepared.

Should save clutches because its torquey sooner

Ahh just ride around with an extra set right?

Ryan Montana Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Everything blkblk

hot. paint or powdercoat?Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/13 06:20PM by J Blank.

#poormansmetra80

lol I was ust gonna say, poor man's metra80

I hadn't even realized these existed, pretty sweet, when i first starded reading this I'd thought it was just the "airsal 80" 46mil kitty

Even those 46mm are totally nutso powerhouses, I imagine this much more aggressively ported and larger version would be off the chains

literally breaking off the chains...

ha

you should port map it, i'd be curious to see how close size & timing is to the largeport metra80's or the Airsal 72's

- Summerai - Retired Chromag /

Word. But remember guys, these are unforgiving. You fuck it up once they really start to deteriorate.

The 72cc, 46mm have bad chrome lining but who knows about these 74cc, 47 mm kits yet.

Somebody raise your timing, seize your new 47mm kit and post pictures so we will know

We have two here in charlotte going into a55s within the next few weeks. We'll post up what happens. One will most likely get ported all to hell.

Ken Roff Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The 72cc, 46mm have bad chrome lining but who

> knows about these 74cc, 47 mm kits yet.

> Somebody raise your timing, seize your new 47mm

> kit and post pictures so we will know

I don't think we will need to wait too long for someone to post a thread about seizing theirs

I've been thrashing this thing all around the past few days and I'm loving it more and more. It has a variated feel to it since it slips into the power band so soon after the clutch grabs. Yesterday, all of Team Treats flogged it around and returned with big smiles. Just threw some pegs on it today as this set up will comfortably haul a passenger.

Finally pictures of a bike that I like .

Love the clean sleeper look

I love you. Thanks for the review!!!

What top speeds at what gearing?

its at 17x40. And there is no way to hit top speed in SF. I bet its fast as fuck though. Euro kids love this kit.

I need to move to SF with all my Pug's then, lol. The kit is actually Jamies, but he will be stoked to get his hands on this. We have Gilas, a Metra 80, 64mph polini's... This should fit in nicely!

I'll get some numbers in the next couple days. It's actually quite easy to get to top speed riding in the city, it just takes someone with a good mix of big balls and little brains. That's me.

I spent most of the day thrashing two up. The low end grunt made it a breeze.

Here is a plug chop. Looking happy

Charlie, get your ass out here man. It's moped paradise. THE best city to ride in. Ride every day. Treats is like a 10 min ride no matter where you are. Tons of babes on mopeds.

Port map anyone?