E50 gearing VS pipe power band

just woundering what you guys take is on this,

got a E50 with 70cc reed kit on it, and i want real good take off, and a top speed of about 35+ i got snowflake wheels and back sporket is going to stay as 45T, now should i put a 12/13t front sporket on and use my gearing for the take off that i what , and then stick a mid-high rpm pipe to get me the topend i want got a Bose laying around?

or put something like a 18t on the front and have a low end pipe on it also got a proma grand prx pipe, laying around?

whats the best way guys, and yes i do have a roller crank so no worry of getting as much RPM out of this engine.

Re: E50 gearing VS pipe power band

15x45 with that kit and pretty much any pipe will do what you want.

I would den not run a 12-13 front. 15/45 will def get you the speed you want, I found the 16/45 to sound easier on the engine.

Overpriced Parts /

With low gearing like that make sure your timing set low and watch your head temps .

Salsa Salsa /

You want good take off? But you'll get a mid-high rpm pipe?

Get a low end pipe, small front sprocket, and tune your clutch.

A Proma circuit and some clutch tuning will give you stupiddumb take off with stock gearing. I can blast ahead of everyone up any hill with 17x40 and will probably never blow up. I prefer the tall gearing with a low end pipe for single speeds.

I'm running a stock lightly ported bore, stock crank, stock clutch and settings with fresh oil, biturbo pipe, 15 SHA and intake...13/45.... and this maxi pulls like a variated bike up to about 32mph....hills at like 20-25mph...pretty decent for a stock stocker that makes no power above about 8000rpm. But that's what I had and got on the cheap...a proma circut....I could maybe go back up to stock gears with a 50cc

Salsa Salsa /

what cylinder do you have?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account