a35 bogging at low RPM

Paddy O'Lanterns /

Ok, so I did some reading and ordered some parts for my 2006 ST (that's an a35). New higher-flow air filter and a techno bullet pipe. I put in a 56 jet and have almost no power at low RPM, but a massive increase in the mid-range pull.

Could the jet be too small/big? The stock (52) doesn't even move when I give it gas.

The bike ran fine with the stock filter and exhaust, but it was too slow for my hilly town.

Re: a35 bogging at low RPM

Upjet to a 58, that's what I'm running on my bike with a performance pipe and high flow air filter, hits 40 all day, no bogging.

Aaron Bowen /

I'm running an A35 this is my setup Biturbo, STOCK air box!!!, upgraded clutch springs 54 jet 44mph GPS no bs. most after market air filters suck

forcing people to up jet to much with no gain my plug chops are perfect. just for fun try the air box and DOWN jet and report back

Paddy O'Lanterns /

As luck would have it I've got a 58 jet. I'll try that first tonight, then I'll drop the jet and put the stock box on if it still runs like a bag. I'll be sure to post back, too. Thanks!

Matthew Stoddard /

I'd say it's lean bogging. My A55 struggled pretty hard after I got a biturbo and UNI filter since my jet was only a 58. Once it warmed up a bit it'd ride fine, but those first couple of minutes were rev-stall-rev-stall with WOT. Try a bigger jet, or just use the stock air box (with some holes drilled through the back) like Bowen suggested.

Aaron Bowen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm running an A35 this is my setup Biturbo,

> STOCK air box!!!, upgraded clutch springs 54 jet

> 44mph GPS no bs. most after market air filters

> suck

> forcing people to up jet to much with no gain my

> plug chops are perfect. just for fun try the air

> box and DOWN jet and report back

There "IS" another reason to get a Uni Filter! If you look into the Stock Airbox you will find only 1 thin Screen to clean the Air. The Uni FIlter is a double walled thick foam filter that is Oiled to seriously clean the air. The CLeaner the Air the Longer your engine will run like new AND it does make a difference for Peak Power. 44 MPH is what your Gearing and Rev Limiter allow you to get. Change either and you will get more speed! I am right at 52 MPH (Bike computer timed against my GPS)

Max speed of Tomos Moped.JPG

Paddy O'Lanterns /

So the stock airbox and stock jet run fine, with a bit more power from (I assume) the exhaust. I'll try an even bigger jet with the high-flow air filter later tonight, or maybe pack it with a bit of foam to limit the airflow.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

If you have the dellorto 14.12 and where running good on the top end there's no way you where lean. Because those carbs idle off of the same jet that you run at WOT on they run rich at idle and you don't want a stock jet with a performance pipe. 56 sound about where you would want to be. I found with those carbs they run the best with the highest flowing air filter you can get. I end up using a few pantyhose most the time and it works realy go. But yeah set your jetting around WOT. If you jet the 14.12 to run good at idle you will more then likely be lean at WOT.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account