performance exhaust

anthony figueroa /

So i was thinking of getting a performance exhaust for my 1979 motobecane mobylette. I was just not sure whats a good exhaust for it and also when i do install the exhaust is there and tuning that should be done to thw car or anything cuz of the exhaust. Let me know thanks

Re: performance exhaust

charles benda /

i bought the sim pipe for my 76 moby. i ran into lots of proplems because i did not up jet. so i tuck it off intell i get a new carb. you can not find gunter carb jets. i looked into drilling them out and dose not look like a good idea.

i am not an expert so see what other people say

kristopher maedke-russell /

stock motobecane exhaust is awesome. any aftermarket pipe thats worth a damn wont really do anything for a stock cylinder. get a bigger carb and regear if you want more speed.

If you are going for performance modification make sure you look for mods which will fit the type of riding you will be doing... not just 'blasting' but like are you doing lots of hills or urban riding or are you on the open road mostly with less stop signs and no traffic. There is always a compromise, less bottom end for more top end, short or long power bands, etc.

Just want to go generically faster on a tight budget then get a SHA 15:15 and a SIM pipe, do a little porting and matching.

stock pipe derestricted, 15mm carb (amal in my case)and intake, mild exhaust and intake porting(see mabecane), and my 50v is doing 40mph on flats and pulls hills good.

i got stock exhaust on mine but drilled the holes out a couple mm. sha 15:15 carb. rebel mob advised taking a notch out the back of the piston. done no porting. getting just over 40 on flat but not much good low end or on hills. will probably try some kind of air filter mod next....

charles benda /

what do you mean take a notch out of the back of the pistion. iv never heard of that, how dose it help

anthony figueroa /

Well thanjs i appreciate the responses. But yeah i have a decent amount of hills where i live so i would need it to go up hills

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account