Installing first 70cc kit...

Hate to post here, but I've run into a problem installing this kit I got from 77 mopeds and can't seem to find the solution. Notice in the pic... on my original tomos, there are 2 rods coming out to bolt the biturbo pipe on to. On my new kit, the rods are missing. How am i supposed to get the pipe on here? The rods don't seem to be removable and the kit did not come with anything resembling them...

Thanks

headss.jpg

Re: Installing first 70cc kit...

google: removing studs, installing studs, double nutting. The original studs may be well stuck, may require penetrating lube or heat and break or strip. on some kits they are cast in and not really meant to be removed. best to go to the hardware store and pick up a couple studs to match. ace or doit or one with a real metric selection, may not have em at lowes/hd. use threadlocker to get them to stay in the cylinder, don't overtorque and strip em. don't forget to upjet before you ride the thing..

you want ones like this, the right length for tomos, the part that sticks out can be a little longer of course, but you don't want the part that goes int he cylinder to be too long.

https://www.treatland.tv/SearchResults.asp?Search=exhaust+stud

gl,

m (edited)

Stock studs cannot be removed. Get some M6 3/4" Allen bolts with lock washers.

I just installed my 70cc kit on my tomos last night. This thing rips now compared to before, you will love it.

David Fleming /

Do not go to Lowes they don't have metric but will tell you that they do and then you will end up stripping all kinds of things because you trusted some random guy instead of yourself but anyways.

Ace is the place for metric studs.

Yep, you just need a new set of studs. You dont really want Allen bolts with a cast aluminum cylinder. Since you're at that point, dont forget to gap the rings before you install the piston.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account