hobbit four stroking

I installed the malossi kit, proma pipe, running on 81 jet with stock carb. mixture is 50:1 so I cannot figure out why I am still four stroking at WOT. most times when I back off the throttle a bit, it still four strokes. where should I look first? any suggestions? sometimes it will be fine and crank wide open and fly, others it will 4stroke. help! it also will not idle. I'm going to take the carb off and clean today, think that could be it?

thanks! (edited)

Re: hobbit four stroking

well first off you should be at 90-92 jet...

too cold of plug, too high of float boat fuel height, too restrictive of an air filter, even spark plug indexing, ect.

Second off, you should have an 88-92 jet in there....

plug chop buddy.

if I am already four stroking, wouldn't up-jetting make it four stroke more? i'm very new so please bare with my little knowledge

you may not be fourstroking and are just confusing it with lean bogging. Let Lance help you

definitely not lean bogging, i've got signs of unburned oil covering my exhaust baffle...

[Radium City] kyle k $ /

a bad condenser kinda sounds like 4 stroking check and see if your points at arcing a bunch

i will check tomorrow. also, does anybody know the largest size tires the hobbit can accept without fenders? 17x2.75? or will it only take 2.50's?

2.5" buddy. Front tire takes 2.25"...... tweak fender open with large adjustable.

...just try a larger jet size for ha-ha's like at least an 88.

My 50cc italikit needed an 85 jet, 'I drilled it according to the chart in the wiki'

Had proma and carbon fiber reeds on stock carb.

I rocked 2.75 Sava MC11's for awhile, they fit without fenders.. barely. I had them about an RCH from the air box to keep my belt loose.

They were like riding on clouds though.

I just ordered some heidenau k56 2.5's, excited to have something better than the 2.25 gazelles this thing came with. Would have bought the MC11's but everyone is out :(

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Neil Burgess /

^^^ off topic but he posted this same thing in my topic.

I was 4 stroking too- I lowered the float a touch and downjettedfrom 90 to mid 80's. The first time I hit the throttle after- I near wheelied into a fence 75 feet away be warned!

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

both of you dummies should upjet

Neil Burgess /

^^^ I'm ignoring any more jetting advice- I can figure it out. Barely any of you have entries in the jetting database- there's like 3 or 4 hobbit entries and nobody there is running a bored out stock carb as I am. So are you qualified to spout off?

Information-wise we have very little to go on. We ask a question- we just get upjet as an answer. Pure BS.

My bike runs on the 78 jet reamed a little larger. A little lean but will hit 40mph. It won't run on a 90- just soaks the plug. This is a fact. I am currently working on finding the right size jet for my setup and once I do I WILL post it in the database for others to try.

Calling someone a dummy for asking for help is not helpful. If you aren't offering something more specifically useful then stfu.

There is your problem. Bored stock carb.

Ditch it ! I know I did - It sucked when I drilled it out, then drilled the jets too.

Big no no!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account