80cc kit performance

i've got a sachs 505/1D w/a 80cc reed valve kit and a 19mm dellorto PHBG carb. it runs great at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle but when I go WOT it bogs down. I tried bigger jets 95 to 110, same issue. I tried smaller jet (80), same issue.

I've come to believe it's an exhaust problem (stock pipe). Last night I took the baffle out of the pipe and it ran much, much better on all throttle levels, but loud as hell.

I suppose the exhaust was just too restrictive for the motor to run good at WOT.

Anything I can do to make the stock pipe work or do I just need to upgrade?

Re: 80cc kit performance

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

I'd say you solved the issue pretty quick.

I heard from Mike Beez that you need to upgrade your pipe with an 80cc kit.

"Puch gila kit doesn't want to rev" comes to mind.

"I heard from Mike Beez " lol

you absolutely need to upgrade your pipe. I've personally been a big fan of the Alsil Quich pipe for peugeot SPX. Theyre cheap and rev high, and fit really easily on the sachs. you need to derestrict the header and baffle on the pipe as-received but that's a simple task. you may need to slightly file the clamp mount and drill holes in the bottoms of the fins on the just to attach a pair of spring mounts, and then hose clamp the back to the usual exhaust mount.

The gianelli sachs pipes blow goatnuts and fall off and are pretty worthless anyway

You can remove the baffle on the stock D pipes and do fairly well as far as just keeping it derestricted as you've noted, but it's loud. you also get no powerband, but at least it's not holding you back.

You can weld or clamp on a different expansion chamber to your existing stock header.

There's a review of the pipes on 505/1a performance in the wiki

Also, with the flat port bolt-on exhaust option on the kits, you can also bolt on a number of alternate pipes including the hurricane blaster for garellis. this is my favorite pipe ever made for kitted bikes and puts out ridiculous power, though they break pretty easily.

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

WillD SWOOP Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "I heard from Mike Beez " lol

>

Well, I don't own a Sachs, so according to him, I should shut my mouth on issues such as this.

But he did mention that it's common sense to upgrade your pipe when almost doubling the displacement of an engine...

the reason i didn't upgrade the pipe along with everything is that I actually wanted the power to be restricted somewhat to try to take it easy on the clutch and crank. However, it's not a good idea because it restricts it way too much. gotta go with an expansion chamber type exhaust like WillD said

I agree, get a pipe, but can't help feeling there 's something else wrong

What should I gap the plug too? same as stock setup?

Overpriced Parts /

Without a good pipe your pissing in the wind

after I get the new pipe what should I set the gap too?

Overpriced Parts /

Ya you got to gap it and time it

Keep retarding it until it don't seize no more

i heard mike beezy's dick is a de restricted pipe

Actually before i got some decent clutches figured out I ran the stock pipe with the baffle removed. it was loud as fuck but didn't slow it down too much. The thing it did do was completely remove any kind of powerband, just steady power.

When I had stock 2 pad clutches and I was running the 80 with a blaster pipe, the pipe would hit so hard it'd just start spinning the clutches and just rev without pushing the bike much faster at all. with the open stock pipe i could control the power enough to keep the clutches from spinning totally free.

my real point here though is get decent clutches, which apparently you have. so after that, there's no point whatsoever to not upgrading to a solid pipe.

also i'd recommend a temp gauge, time it and reagear it to keep your temps in the 300's. you need a long reach plug, but the plug gap's same's stock. if you're referring to the points (assuming you're not running CDI yet,) the gap's still the same, you just want to change your timing, I run ~17deg BTDC

ok so I bought an MLM people's pipe and now it runs great on the top end, however my low end take off is now down.

What if I put the original stock pipe back on but restricted the air intake some? I know it sounds retarded but I really want my take off and low end to be awesome as I live in a very hilly area and I'm not so skinny to begin with.

step your gearing up a bit in the back or go smaller in the front, what gearing are you currently running?

which ever you do you will decrease your top end but gain on the low end

Overpriced Parts /

You need to mod a estroil chamber to fit and maintain the proper header length.

Most of these handmade pipes out there (motomatic, weekends, motion left) Rip and get the most hp out of your tiny 2 stroke but at a higher rpm then a stock pipe, estroil or circuit type pipe. A estroil or circuit type pipe tops out a bit too early though so you can't have both .

Modern 2 stroke motocross bikes have power valve exhaust to have low end and top end

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account