moby sim pipe

charles benda /

i just got a new sim pipe for my 76 moby all stock will it be ok with out new jets in the carb. would like to put it on tomorrow. also is there any thing else i will need to know? thank you

Re: moby sim pipe

your going to need two new copper crush gaskets

charles benda /

i saw in a post to use 1in copper pipe cut to 3/32 and use that but im not sure. were do i get copper cruse ringes

Treatland.tv they are like $3 each

charles benda /

any thoughts on the cooper pipe sound like a good idea

I wouldnt do it

charles benda /

thank you i geuss i need to get some money for more parts thank you for the advice

I would braid some copper household stranded wiring (like old extension cord) into a ring as a secondary ring if you are in a bursting hurry to get the SIM on your bike.

Piece of copper pipe is not a goodly idea.

ALWAYS tight the big nut goodly and then recheck it is goodly tight with the engine fully heat soaked the first couple of runs. If the nut walks loose and rattles around it can erode the threads in the cylinder.

You will want to upjet, which is hard to find jets for Gurtners... or switch over to a SHA.

charles benda /

sim pipe went on with a little metal work. i had to off set it. would like to up jet but no money for a carb. i will look for gurtnur jetts. any idea were to start looking for them or what sizes to look for.

moby seams to be running fine with out it though

why dose my sim pipe say pires on it

^may not be spelt wight

copper pipe still working good for me! (74 airsal)

I have about six or more jets and i'm not sure what they are. The numbers are big... in the 100 and 200's..? not sure how to read them or i need a mag. glass... I do have a gutner carb now and i am trying to start it on my bench and still having trouble getting it to cough... to be continued...

I have a cross check for the Gurtner carbs if you have the jet sizes. Gurtner went through 3 different sizing schemes over the years but similar to other manufacturers the bigger the number the bigger the hole in the jet.

charles benda /

i have never takin it off i dont want to without something to do to it.

i did get it in a basemint sat for 33years and it runns good but sound like i need to clean it and see what size i have for jetts

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account