Long Header on Hack/Weld pipe.. powerband tuning

Benevolent Aroh /

treats expansion chamber + 28mm header. I decided to angle the pipe and mount it higher on the frame, thus resulting in a fairly long header.

I am assuming this will make the powerband hit at a lower RPM? Any tips on how I should gear the bike 17x40? General tuning suggestions are more than welcome

Running a treats read kit, malossi 4 pedal, 19 phbg, custom head cut by Mars

Re: Long Header on Hack/Weld pipe.. powerband tuning

Yep, That's most likely going to to hit really low.

Try it first, then shorten as needed. Or change the mounting if you want to redo it in a shorter style.

Yeah that's really long. longer than mine shown below and I can't get past ~53 with 18-40, polini, 21 del. It hits a wall like nobody's business. doesn't even try to creep up any more. I'm planning on cutting it down soon.

Benevolent Aroh /

Damn. Thats what I was afraid of. Ill give it a try though. I really dont need it to go any faster than 50. But I prolly will give up some low end casue the pipe is just so inefficient

Benevolent Aroh /

Here it is painted and mounted.

Salsa Salsa /

god thats long.

adam, 53mph with 18x40?

how is the take off with that thing?

THIS THING hits like a boss, I couldn't imagine wanting to change the tuned length of the treats pipe. I left his overall length the same and just made a cone to make the header start to diverge earlier.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account