17 degrees before TDC

sookia sookia /

does 17 degrees before tdc mean to the left or right, i'm using the printable degree wheel off the wiki....

Re: 17 degrees before TDC

alright.... what way BEFORE top dead center... meaning BEFORE the piston gets there. Different motors rotate different ways. take your hand and turn the wheel...... so you should hit your mark before TDC..... need more info for correct response. so fuck it make 2 marks off TDC one left and one right. use different color tape/markers and you can't go wrong. then again this is Rookie reporting in. 2 cents enjoy. just a dumbass reporting in ^_^ would i be correct to assume this is a puch Maxi za50? helps when you identify what your riding. (edited)

depends witch way your engine spins.

17 degrees is referring to the flywheel position.

i use a ignition timing gauge for 1.4-1.8mm BTDC (depends what it is) then Verify this adjustment with a timing light and some new timing marks i add.

have yet to use printouts.

sookia sookia /

thanks for the info, it's a maxi with an e50, just kitted with a kstar and i was reading that 17 degrees before tdc was where i should be

a puch flywheel is roughly 360 mm so i've read 1 degree is roughly 1mm. then again its not what you know its what you think you know. This theory will help you blow up many things and make many dangerous devices

e50 i believe that rotates clockwise so you mark should be to the left of your TDC mark. I'm dyslexic so this might be ass backwards though. Shit. dont quote me on that. And don't wanna walk out to the shed to find out i'm wrong.

now read , setting timing in the puch service manual on the moped riders assc. web site

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account