Tecno Boss sound on a stock Maxi sound?

Anthony Mangia /

First upgrade I did to my 76 Puch Maxi was put the Tecno Boss pipe on, But it sounds, I dunno, "poppy"? Not sure if this is the natural sound, or if it's 4 stroking, or if I did something else wrong. Everything is stock with a 12mm bing and a 60 jet I believe (cant really tell, but that's what the wiki told me)..

Low end sucks, I'm hitting 31 on the flats. I bought a 15mm bing, but wanna learn how to jet/tune this one before I pop that one on..

Re: Tecno Boss sound on a stock Maxi sound?

my cylinder fires about 3 times before the exaust pops though i can barely hear it over the monster intake. Also its a top end pipe. I run one on my 78 MAxi with no issues.

Anthony Mangia /

I see. So basicly with no other modes or tuning, it pretty much runs the same as stock, but just with a lil more top end?

Anthony Mangia /

I'm sure I can up jut a lil bit and get a few more mph..

From what i understand, yes. the stock exahust is VERY restrictive. Can handle an upjet and more air now though.

Anthony Mangia /

Its all starting to make sense. Thanks everyone. A lot of the stuff on wiki and other posts are hard to follow.

I have a 60/70 range jet set. Do you think I should start with the highest and work my way down, or go up little by little? I'm seeing all this talk about 4 stroking, but not too sure what that is exactly or what it does to the ped..

I'm not entirely sure myself i think it has something to do with not hitting full RPM range not exactly sure. It might be when you accellerate and you bogg down. Just shots in the dark. Apparently i do it in the low to mid rpm range. I would start with small upjets from what you're currently running like going from a 60 --> 62 just a one jet i mean when you misjet its pretty clear.

Still learning all of this myself. Only had mine for about a month so learning everyday. just trying to help out and toss in my 2 cents. Sometimes it works sometimes it doens't but ehh i run a similar set up to you 78 puch maxi II on a boss pipe. i mean i run a 70cc kit and upgraded some more but took an easy upjet with new filter and pipe. Enjoy ^_^

Anthony Mangia /

Ok I cant seem to get the jet off the atomizer. It appears to either be fused together or just one piece all together not sure. I cant see a seam were the two separates lol.

If I put the 15mm bing on with the same size 60 jet, theoretically it should run the exact same way as the stock 12mm bing would? I'm assuming it's the jet size that makes the difference and not the size of the m&ms on the bing..

I had a thin socket that fit around the jet. Was pretty drunk when i did it and ended up sticking it in a vice and turning the other part with a wrench. because i stripped the part with the screwdriver. if i remember correctly it was a bitch you know things old and filled with junk.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Bing

hopefully this can help more

Yeah 5 mm socket to remove the jet holder then vice on the factory jet to get it out. Destroyes the jet but hell its out right? also be warned this is NOT the right way to do this by ANY means. (edited)

Also soaking it in something might help...... after thought never tried that part.

Anthony Mangia /

A few beers later and I'm giving up for the night lol. Imma just throw the 15mm on tomorrow with a 62 and see what that does. Or see if that atomizer will fit in the 12mm. I still have yet to take it out the package..

should work and the jet thats actually still in the vice was a 64. Good luck post and update when you get there. good looks and good luck.

Anthony Mangia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Its all starting to make sense. Thanks everyone. A

> lot of the stuff on wiki and other posts are hard

> to follow.

>

> I have a 60/70 range jet set. Do you think I

> should start with the highest and work my way

> down, or go up little by little? I'm seeing all

> this talk about 4 stroking, but not too sure what

> that is exactly or what it does to the ped..

Anthony Mangia /

Wow, ok thank you. That makes so much sense. Didn't quite understand the going down hill part though. I gotta watch it again..

15mm is too much carb for a stock cylinder and a boss. And you might need a bigger jet, bigger carb = bigger jet due to a lower carb signal.

Overpriced Parts /

66 jet for 12mm bing with pipe.

70-72 jet for 14mm bing

76-80 jet for 15mm bing

The bigger the carb the bigger the jet silly

^^15mm SHA on a stock E50 and a biturbo runs pretty damn well bro.

Mikuni Vm18

reedless 70cc

Techno Boss.

Run mid 40's all day

When you get a bigger carb you just have to know how to tune it. Heard of people using vm21's on my set up. Learn to jet and time and you should be a blaster. Watch the temps though more fuel more air more heat.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account