air leaks in my pipe

rocky rodriguez /

Just got a starflight and been doing work on it, jus basic stuff like cleaning carb and exhaust to get in shape. Noticed that there are leaks in the pipe... would that affect performance?

It has a dellorto 14.12 with biturbo pipe should go 40 (says mike) guy who sold it to me. Have I been had

Re: air leaks in my pipe

Leaks will cause issues they will give you to much flow or not enough back pressure so the engine will not run effectively, Hence the shape of a pipe. its kinda like a garden hose the thinner the outlet more pressure the less it just flows out. this isn't exactly true but just putting a general idea down. the way the gasses flow effect performance. Eg. Low end mid range or high end pipes. the science exactly is beyond me. 2 cents. Enjoy.

rocky rodriguez /

Thanks im gonna fix the leaks, but is there any other reason why im barely hitting 23

Can't tell you, have only had my ped for about a month now. Stock i was doing about 22. i know by my state law it has to do under 30 seems that most stock mopeds run between 20-25 mph. Also if you have leaks there Do you have any intake leaks? Also if you wanna hit that 40 mark you're going to need a new air filter and a small upjet. Dont know what this "mike" guy did or what your set up even looks like but the stock airbox and jet will not take you up to this level. ^_^

Overpriced Parts /

Yes he lied to you.

If you can get it to 30 mph be happy

mr snuffalufagis /

yeah youve been had a little man. a starflite batavus with porting, a pipe, and like a 15mm carb still will only do about 35 maybe. and an air leak in your pipe isnt that big of a deal. itll get a little loud but on a stock bat, no worries man. unless theres a lot of holes....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account