Athena 70cc kit or Polini 64cc kit.

Which kit is the fastest and which one is the most reliable? thanks

Re: Athena 70cc kit or Polini 64cc kit.

for puch

I have no experience with the Polini, but I have recently started running an Athena kit and I have to say it seems pretty bulletproof... did some pretty hard riding the other day with a couple of good long WOT runs. Saw that the head temp had maxed out at 440 (my fault, still needs tuning), freaked out and pulled over, but no soft seize. Have done a little more riding since then and it gets into the high 300s but cools fast when idling. Hopefully these temps will come down with more/better tuning, but my point is that the kit has withstood them... so far. Couldn't find anything on the boards about whether or not Athenas run hotter than other Al/nicasil kits, but maybe other people can weigh in on this.

Are you talking about the Athena AJH or the Athena Piston Port?

Christian Giron /

If this is your first kit, do not do the polini.

Overpriced Parts /

First kit get a dmp or kstar 70 cc piston port , 14 mm bing. Techno circuit pipe

athena is more reliable and polini is faster. IMO

cali dude doing 68 on an ajh

Polini<Athena

Athena has amazing quality. The AJH with the 17 amal is a 55mph ripper with a 6p. Right now I've got the Athena 70cc reed kit with a proma and I couldn't blow it up if I tried.

everyone is ravin on this AJH. From the cylinder I've seen in person, it needs a bit of work to be really fast, like it's supposed to. If you're looking for a first kit? get something cheap and easy, that way there won't be much work to do, and less cash blown should you fuck up said minimal work.

Sons of GROMarchy /

Ken Roff Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> First kit get a dmp or kstar 70 cc piston port ,

> 14 mm bing. Techno circuit pipe

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^X100000000000

There's a STEEP learning curve on a Polini. You've been warned. All the things people say will happen-- you're not immune to them. Ask me how I know...

Read alot about all of this before i even bought a kit. After a few Pm

s and emails i decided on a reed less k-star cheap reliable and if i fuck up can toss into into the Atlantic and not give a shit. This Kit was mostly to get my foot in the door and learn what i'm doing. Once this is all up and running and i trust myself will get a new kit next year to start making some serious power. On my k-star with high comp head boss techno and mikuni vm 18 hitting 47 mph at 380 degrees. i have more potential to gain. Just starting the tuning now retarted the stator pate when i first added the kit. Time to actually do the timing and jetting now. Let the good times Roll. 2 cents enjoy. 78 maxi II (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account