Batavus Hs50 running poorly

Mitchell Taylor /

Stock bat with dellorto 13.12 carb. Just fixed an air leak in the carb then rejetted with 54 to 50, then up to 52. Complete pain to start and seems to bog down on top end. The clutch also is sounding odd and rattley when I start it up, then once I release the clutch lever it sounds fine. It was hitting a solid 34-36mph before I had the air leak and all that stuff. Now I get around 30mph. Any suggestions?

Re: Batavus Hs50 running poorly

you hold in the clutch lever? weird. My buddy also just picked up one of these used to smoke my maxi. hes Bringing it over tomorrow so i'm defiantly interested in where this is going. Also if you fixed the air leak why did you not put the 54 jet back in? i mean if it was running fine with it. Also have you looked for any reed damage or is anything clogging the cock? and have you installed an inline filter? (edited)

Mitchell Taylor /

Well I hold the clutch lever in while pedaling to start it up, just like any other ped. And I had to rejet because it was running with a 58 with the air leak, then once the leak was fixed it was running too rich with the 58 in (because it wasn't getting all that excess air), so I rejetted to the 52, which is what's in it now (I believe.. that or 54). I haven't checked for reed damage or anything. Gas seems clean. I've recently cleaned petcock.. about 3 or 4 weeks ago now. No inline filter as of now.

i thought you mean like riding with the clutch in. That would be weird and more than likely fuck shit up. Smacked my buddy for doing this on my ped(with a helmet and apologies for my stupidity). I mean its cheap enough insurance to run and extra filter with no draw backs. i know my puch has had issues with that cock "filter" sucking shit though. Would deff check the reeds though make sure they are functioning correctly. i also will take appart the engine once every other week or so to check the ring and make sure its moving fluidly (Call me paranoid). I'll usually clean my air filter to the best of my ability while i do this. i've also heard some people claim this to be a timin issue but my limited knowledge cant say that either way. Like i said i'm till a rookie who doesn't sleep tossing out some ideas. Keep us posted though will be working on my friends Batavas this week with similar issues.

Mitchell Taylor /

Bump

Just curious how exactly can you tell if a Batavus is running shitty? Ha Ha I make a joke

Mitchell Taylor /

You should do standup Dan O

Thanks, I'll be here all week. Try the veal

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account