roller bearing on z50 crank?

hello, just wanted to know if anyones done this.. i have stock bushing in my puch z50 crank now but it looks asthough its on its last legs so as anyone added roller cage bearing in z50 cionrod? i got dmp 70 kit aswell so would adding roller bearing help ?

Re: roller bearing on z50 crank?

Overpriced Parts /

Hmm Mine came with a needle bearing small end stock.

You need to take your crank out of your engine and send it out to shop to get a needle bearing conrod pressed in.

The bushing and needle bearing cage are different sizes sorry.

If you lived by me instead of several thousand miles away I could have pressed in a new bushing and finish ream it for you but You need to find someone who knows what they're doing to do a bushing job on your crank . You can do it yourself but you need a real nos puch bushing because aftermarket ones are loose fit and will spin/fail quick

After you press out the old one and press in the new one you need to finish ream to size with a adjustable finish reamer taking a little bit of brass at a time until the conrod fits perfect. Puch factory tools makes this job easier.

It may take few times to get it right if your first time doin it so buy a few puch bushings in case

Pablo Puchasso /

I bet you mean Za50.

Overpriced Parts /

He is from Europe ^ they got z50s over there not za50s

Thanks ken thats pretty rubbish news :( the bushing i have now has worn so bad i thought it was a quick changeover with the right needle bearing but it obv looks like more work than i thought which is a shame. is there anyway i could remove this old worn bushing now and replace with shiny new one? and yeah max its a z50, 2 speed manual

Overpriced Parts /

Yes replace and finish ream just like I said .

Try to find a nos puch crank/pin bushing like I said too

A scooter shop may be able to do the work for you .

Pablo Puchasso /

oh didn't check his location.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account