Jetting range? 103 Sha15.15 SiminIni Circuit pipe

So I'm ordering a simonini circuit Performance pipe for my 103. I'm running a SHA 15.15 carb. I know I will need to up jet my question is, is anyone else running the same setup that can tell me roughly what range my jet will need to be? I plan on ordering a few jets I just want to make sure I'm in the right range. As waiting another 5 days for treats drives me bat shit crazy.

Thanks in advance,

Brent Braun

Re: Jetting range? 103 Sha15.15 SiminIni Circuit pipe

talk to charlie buzzard, i believe he's running the same set up on his bike.

Aeron Jackson /

I had this set-up and using the high flow filter, I used a 68 jet.

The tuning spreadsheet (accessible via the wiki) is a great resource for this - at least for getting a sense of where to start with jetting

David Theriault /

I ran a 68 with this set-up as well.

Brent Braun /

Thanks I just ordered a 68 jet as well as a treat variety party pack. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Brent Braun

i am running the same setup an i am 70 jet

and this set up rips like lots of timing

Brent Braun /

Got the 68 in and it ran ok. Plug Chop was very white. Only other jet I had was a 76 it bogs badly. Looks like I'm stuck ordering more treats and waiting a few days for them to arrive. Damnit! Going to order 69-73 and start the process again. I'll keep you posted.

68 should be good with that set up--that's what I was running (with 50:1 premix). Maybe you have an air leak? Timing a bit off? What are you running for an air filter? To get you by until your bigger jets arrive, just make the air filter more restrictive, e.g. put back the original screens and black plastic cap.

Brent Braun /

Just got the larger jets started at the 70 and still bogging. Went down to the 69 and it's running better than ever, but a Plug Chop still shows me running lean.

Should the difference between a 69 and a 70 jet really be this drastic? Maybe I need a 69.5?

I guess my next stop is to do a leak down test and see what that shows.

Any thoughts I always open to suggestions.

Brent Braun /

I'm removed some of the mesh screens from my air filter and now the 70 jet is running great. Now I'm going to remove 3 balls and see if I can make this thing boost a bit sooner.

Thanks for all the information.

Brent Braun

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account