Stock ZA50 with techno circuit

How would a stock ZA50 with a 14mm carb work with a techno circuit, obviously I will have to upjet, what is recommended jet-wise?

What kind of numbers am I looking at?

Thanks

Dan

Re: Stock ZA50 with techno circuit

I prefer the proma circuit, but you'll probably be around 60-68.

Overpriced Parts /

Works great but must not be a restricted 1hp za50 (20mph model)

With a metal mesh filter, #222 atomizer, about 68-74#jet.

Stock air box or different then stock #222 atomizer your on your own with jet size

This is the 2hp version with a Bing 14

As I assume lowend torque will increase with this pipe this will mean that I need to change my gearing to better suit the increased torque, and help get me to 35-40 mphs. I've been reading that 17/36 would be a good start? thoughts?

Dan

Overpriced Parts /

17x36 is not much different then stock 18x40

Well then would 18x36 be a good start?

Overpriced Parts /

Add power add gear

if you can pull more gear add more gear

From what I've gathered a Techno adds low end power, therefore I would need a taller ratio, will it just be a trial and error deal for this?

Overpriced Parts /

Yes

Trial and error i believe this the way of performance tuning. know i've blown up my fair share of items before getting it right

Thanks gentlemen!

Little update for any lurkers, I've put the Techno circuit on, and it now has 18x36 gears. clocked it at 35 with a speedometer app on my iphone. seems there is some room for more speed, probably with a bigger carb I might be able to pull that off. I do know that at 35 it reaches peak torque because it will still climb hills and doesn't drop below 30. I also added a hi-comp head.

Technically I've achieved what I was looking for, time for new tires and styling cues!

Puch Maxi.jpg
Puch Maxi Hi Comp Head.jpg
Puch Maxi Techno Circuit.jpg

How hard was it to hookup your turn signals? I'm looking to add some to my puch. Where did you get yours?

They came on the bike when I bought it. but it doesn't look like it was too hard.

ahhh was a great day opening that new head <3 so pretty. Lookin good Bra. Also find yourself a power and make a ground and it should not be that difficult. Also be sure to salder (fucking word can never spell the damn thing) or crimp, no one wants to see a puch fireball. Tried using speaker wire out of desperation when i somehow tore my wiring, needless to say did not go over well. Good to see an update to Daniel. Always good to see the follow up

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account