Whats the best pie for my tomos setup!?

So I have a tomos sprint 1993 I am in the process of of fixing it up. This is my current set or to be set up when the parts arrive.

stock 50cc adding hi hi comp head with new meteor piston, I have a SHA dellorto 16:16, plan on boring out my intake to 16mm, plan on putting 27T gear for the front and I plan on putting on a 60mm metal screen air filter, it currently has a cone 60mm metal filter, but im switching it for the flat mesh one, and I have a tecno circuit on it.

SO...what pipe is good for this set up to get a high top end? or at least an overall good band with a good high? or is the circuit where its at?

*side note* I assume I have to break in the new piston and head correct?(new to mopeding world)

Re: Whats the best pie for my tomos setup!?

hard to beat a bullet for the price and gains

So you think the bullet will be better than the circuit I have?

Apple pie is the best.

Hair pie

Creme Pie in your eye

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Peach blueberry

Re: Whats the best pipe for my tomos setup!?

Wow....I forget the "P" and every body goes ham on me....gee thanks guys

Christian Giron /

lollllllll I came to jump on the pie bandwagon, but there are already 8 people here doing so.

circuit pipes are best for midrange, I don't have a lot of experience with the bullet, but I hear it's a good high rpm pipe, but it's worth doing some searching on the estoril or technigas.

I love the homoet pipe for tomos it's my favorite.

With a stock cylinder you aren't going to rev that high, and you'll dont want to loose much bottom end power either. The homoet is a good top end pipe. Personally I like a good all around pipe like the estoril but I imagine the circuit is pretty decent. You probably won't notice a huge top speed difference between pipes, probably just one or two mph. The new piston rings will need to break-in. The head has no affect on break-in.

I've ridden around with a stock cylinder and homoet and it rocked just fine. He'd have a hard time findin one anyways

Got a homoet on my new tomos project. Glad to hear its a solid pipe, can't wait to get her running!

port the hell out of it not hard at all gear it 27x22 with an estoril and you will rip out the hole and get around 45 to 48

dont do the hi hi head unless you are ready to do some work on it. if you just throw it on i almost guarantee its gonna run too hot. technigas next is a real nice pipe for a mostly stock tomos. also think about some nicer reeds. i cant remember what the stock a35 reeds look like, but im pretty sure the ones for puch polini are better and cheap. and fit.

x2 for hair pie.

my buddy ran a homoet and a 15 sha. it was fast as shit for un-ported stock top end.

Re: Whats the best pipe for my tomos setup!?

Dam...I already bought the hi comp head....its suppose to arrive today..How would I keep it from over heating then? different sparkplug maybe?

I might do that homoet or the estoril

sweet cherry pie.

Estoril for ze win! Sidebleeds muy fantistico!

Well I heard from mike beez that pie doesnt go well with tomos, but the biturbo makes a sweet tasty that gets you eating over 50mph

Really now? With stock engine?

Yep. Stock engine. Must be in new jersey.

Do you know if some one must "hone" or "deglaze" the cylinder wall well installing new piston rings to help it sit in?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account