Minarelli V1 or Puch ZA50

I'm looking for an engine for my cafe build (swing arm frame). I like that the ZA50 is two speed and has a ton of parts available. Out of these two engines which would you choose and why?

Re: Minarelli V1 or Puch ZA50

Yes

Gila za.

shifty shifty tap that power band twice

so go for the ZA50 I take it..haha

One question I have is can one change the 2nd gear to something higher to get more top end?

On my Vespa Super I did an up gear kit with the P200 engine as I was running the stock 8" rims to get a better top end when I had it...

Overpriced Parts /

21x36 is good external gearing for hi powered kit za50 .

Internal gearing on a 2hp you could only change to horrible 1hp restricted gearing not to better higher gearing and ya 1hp you can change to the 2hp gearing but not many other options.

I wouldn't touch that ZA but hey that is just me. The tranny in that motor is extremely complicated and just has bad to rebuild.

V1's are invincible when built right, torquey as hell and easy to put on any frame since everything is integrated.

+1 on the V1

-Aron

Gotta agree with Aron... ZA's are aggravating, but if you replace the pucks and follow the manual and don't skip stuff - torques and tolerances are what I mean - you're good.

V1 is probably an easier (not necessarily better/bigger) bang for you buck, but ZA's are just sooo sweet.

Deadped Ryan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Gotta agree with Aron... ZA's are aggravating, but

> if you replace the pucks and follow the manual and

> don't skip stuff - torques and tolerances are what

> I mean - you're good.

>

> V1 is probably an easier (not necessarily

> better/bigger) bang for you buck, but ZA's are

> just sooo sweet.

Yeah I think I am leaning towards a ZA so far. Already planning a full upgrades build of a ZA with matched case porting, 70cc kit, 19mm or 21mm carb, race pipe, 3 shoe clutches, Hi-Comp head, beefy rod...

Deadped now that is a built ZA! not sure that I want to get into water cooled, but that bike sure does look fast... What was it's top speed?

It's part of a great thread from earlier this year/last year idk. Pretty sweet stuff over in europe...

Well after doing research on parts for both engines I think I'm going to go with the V1 to keep it simple, fast and easy rebuilds

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account