Powerdynamo CDI e50 installation

Luis Velez /

Has anyone or does anyone know how to wire a Powerdynamo CDI to a puch E50 Maxi?

I am confused about the blue Kill switch wire! What other wire will you use to connect the blue wire to a switch?

Also the two black wires that come out of the voltage regulator, what wires do you connect those to? There are the yellow blue/green gray black ect.....

Help!

Thank you all.

Re: Powerdynamo CDI e50 installation

Really?

The lovely instructions that come with the unit explain everything so well!

Anyway....

Black to both sides of the regulator, doesnt matter which one goes where, as long as your power for lights is coming off the center.

Blue kill wire, just leave it alone, unless you want a kill switch. If so, then wire it to a switch and it will do what is advertised.

There is a lovely connector that you just plug into the coil/cdi unit and you cant mess up white to white and red to red....... unless you are really trying.

In case you dont have the instructions or are really lazy click here

Luis Velez /

I did all of that! And it won't fire...

Used or new unit?

Verify that you have spark.... If not, re-ground and start again.

mine won't spark either, i think it might have something to do with the super secret speedwasher mod though

make sure that coil bracket is grounded. I had to make a redundant ground wire after some corrosion at that joint left me on the side of the road.

I see your problem Matt! There is no external remote trigger on that! R&D told me you have to have external, thats why I have multiple triggers and extra hand controls on that maxi.

I have that, not you.

You did not pay close enough attention... My dying trail tech battery is drawing your attention away from the secrets

SO........

Did you figure it out, or what?

yeah, it was the washer

Luis Velez /

I havent.. Im letting a friend work on it, he is great at fixing mopeds...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account