Performance pipes on a stock cylinder.

Is there a way to know if you would be able to hit a powerband of a pipe on a stock cylinder? the new faux-simo on 77 looks nice. But I do not know if it would do any good on a stock top end. I've seen burritos and such on stock puchs. and this looks about the same size. Any info would be great. Awesome looking faux simo.

Re: Performance pipes on a stock cylinder.

Nathan Wohlfeil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is there a way to know if you would be able to hit

> a powerband of a pipe on a stock cylinder? the new

> faux-simo on 77 looks nice. But I do not know if

> it would do any good on a stock top end. I've seen

> burritos and such on stock puchs. and this looks

> about the same size. Any info would be great.

> Awesome looking faux simo.

If you jet it properly and everything you should be able to hit the powerband just fine.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Walker Quine Wrote:

> Nathan Wohlfeil Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Is there a way to know if you would be able to

> hit

> > a powerband of a pipe on a stock cylinder? the

> new

> > faux-simo on 77 looks nice. But I do not know

> if

> > it would do any good on a stock top end. I've

> seen

> > burritos and such on stock puchs. and this

> looks

> > about the same size. Any info would be great.

> > Awesome looking faux simo.

>

> If you jet it properly and everything you should

> be able to hit the powerband just fine.

Jesus tits, you're more of a noob than he is, quit shelling out advise.

Downhill Harvey Wrote:

> Jesus tits, you're more of a noob than he is, quit

> shelling out advise.

Then why don't you help the guy out instead of flaming me?

Harvey, why are you so butthurt about everything? I am still new and have no knowledge before mopeds about engines. From working on the one I have had I now have a basic understanding of how everything works. But when it comes to performance I still want clearance before you know I go and blow 150 on a pipe and have it not work. because I cant get enough RPM's. When I'm not sure, I ask questions. Because you know that is the logical thing to do when you have a forum for you know. Moped performance.

Walker, Thanks man. (edited)

Nathan Wohlfeil Wrote:

> Harvey, why are you so butthurt about everything?

> I am still new and have no knowledge before mopeds

> about engines, from working on the one I have I

> have a basic understanding. But when it comes to

> performance I still want clearance before you know

> I go and blow 150 on a pipe and have it not work.

> because I cant get enough RPM's. When I'm not

> sure, I ask questions. Because you know that is

> the logical thing to do when you have a forum for

> you know. Moped performance.

>

> Walker, Thanks man.

There is a page in the wiki about pipes and their powerband:

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_Exhausts

I know it's for Puch pipes, but it should give you an idea of what to expect.

yeah dude, you probably shouldn't go saying stuff that isn't right. if you dont know its right, just don't say anything. maybe wait for someone else to respond.

that pipe looks like a big chamber, but its got a long header. Probably would be good for a narrow midrange powerband on a big kit. Is there a reason you're choosing that instead of an EV turbo or a Mamba with more data?

If you wanted to get really radical on the porting and run a big carb, you could probably get that screaming on a stock cylinder, if you want to play it safe, stick to something thats tried and true

So the EV turbo's are good for stock? I mean When I get a pipe I'll be getting a 16 sha as well. I just want to keep this one 49.6cc.

i don`t know how the proma circuits work on puch stock cylinders. but the circuit pipe for a honda works great on a stock cylinder. great low and mid-range. do some reading.

check your compression if it`s low no pipe is going to work well.

Christian Giron /

The reason harvey is so "butthurt" is because noobs shouldn't be giving out general information as if it was factual. Does he REALLY know if your stock cylinder would hit the powerband of a simo? Fuck, I don't even know that and I've been doing this for a year.

He then yells at harvey, telling him to help you out instead of flaming, when really harvey is helping YOU out by telling him to stop helping. If you were to ask about a super high RPM pipe and bought it on the sole account of "Just jet right and you'll be fine," you'll probably get a little upset when you're not hitting your pipe

Nathan,

If you pick up a set of blue springs .. that will help any v1! hit the powerband of the pipes on the market.

Making the tension stronger in the clutch .. your able to clean out the pipe before launching off the line. Of course you need to jet for "thee' pipe of your chosing .. just as a mamba or any other exhaust pipe.

Make sure you go reading up about them 16.16 dellortos before buying one. I would go with the clone 15.15 with the idle screw.. so you can run a big jet and then tune/lean it out on idle so its not rich when taking off. (edited)

proma circuit + widen exhaust port.

yes, ev turbo is a good stock pipe. you can make puch pipes fit but you need to add a mounting bracket on the back, which wouuld require some fabrication skills.

Salsa Salsa /

Haha, buy the simo and make it work.

i like maize's idea, but if you have to ask, making it work's maybe not your bag.

tecno-circuit did nothing for my kitted puch, but gave me 5mph

(35) 0n my stock one.

I have never heard worse advice than "If you jet it properly and everything you should be able to hit the powerband just fine. ".

Anytime anyone says "fine" in advice you can most likely deduce that they really have no idea what they are talking about.....

Like everyone else says either get that pipe, and mod (port, widen, clutch tune) your motor to hit the powerband that it holds OR just get one that people have already tried.

-Aron

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

thanks guys, I don't know anything about Mineralli's, and you'll never see me giving out advise about them (at least until I own one). It just ticks me off when some noob, with a stock Tomos, gives advise about something they know nothing about. Always check their profiles to see if they own the bike in question.

Better Fส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ster /

A lot of people own or have worked on bikes that aren't on their profiles. All two strokes work on the same principles anyway. Unless someone is asking for specific numbers, what's on their profile shouldn't matter.

Salsa Salsa /

I ONLY work on bikes in my profile

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account