74cc gila on a A55

so i was reading the taco rating and some guy said he had to dremel out his case for this to fit on a puch. if i was putting it on a a55 being that i have massive transfers and stuff do you think i would have to do the same? also, it's a 47mm, can i use my tomos hi comp 45mm head? will there be that much of a power difference? I read that i'll also need a riser for the 4 petal to be able to open all the way up in the cylinder. the one on 77 says its an angeled exhaust port (made for puch). the one on treats doesn't say. so if i put it on a bromos it slides on at an angle meaning the exhaust port will be even more angled up. what pipes do people usually run with this kit? any suggestions on modding up a pipe? last but not least... decision between 4 petal or try and do an 8 petal if it'll work? power difference? open to any help or suggestions. thanks guys!

Re: 74cc gila on a A55

Christian Giron /

mattology has an A55 gila that went 64mph.

He's not around much anymore, but i'd go through his old threads and see if he wrote a lot on his build.

you will have to case bore, and you will have to match transfers. I've never seen the base mating surface of an a55 but you may have to add material to be able to seal around the transfers. Don't cheap out, just buy the gila head. fitting a riser, a reed block and an intake on a tomes frame will probably be tricky. Gilas are all angle port, so any pipe you get will have to be cut and welded. you're going to have to ditch whatever bullshit restricted cdi you have too. Very doable, but it will take a lot of effort for someone not prepared.

Christian Giron /

^^ yep matt had to weld tabs to extend the top motormount down a bit. He didn't run the middle mount so it allowed the top of the motor to swing down to allow more room under the frame.

I've done it before, it's not hard, but based on some of your questions you might want to research a bit more. You have to bore the cases, you do not have to add material to the cases with this cylinder, use the reeds just as the come or get the VForce reeds, if you use the malossi side intake for a phbg you can bolt it on and mount the carb on the right trouble free, you will need to make the exhaust work and all the gila kits are the same.

Christian Giron /

You're not ready for a gila, young grasshopper.

yes it can be done i have 2 a55 with 80cc kits one metra one gila.

and you are way not ready for a gila

just a few questions dammmmmmm. thanks for the input and info!

the a55 is amazing with the stock kit on it port it gear it pip it some trans work and you can do 50mph on it after you do that you might be ready to do a gila i am 300lbs an hit 55 on 50 with a stock kit and still rips

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account