anyone ever find tg50 honda gyro performance parts?

jeff cartwright /

hey guys,

been going through all the headings on the gyro's but still havent seen where anyones figured out cross-over bikes for parts or performance parts anywhere? someone was looking into japan sites awhile ago-any luck?

i scored an 86 a few weeks ago and slowly going through it...i think increaseing tire size , custom exhaust is what ive found..Manifold ideas? custom too?i suppose a custom intake is what next and make a pipe of sorts!!! i mentioned it to devin at mlm, so ill shoot over some pi's and see what he thinks...

if i can find an oversized piston rings i'll do that as i cant find any big bore kits anywhere damn-it...some guys have changes wheels, but i notice the pic's are 4 bolt- mine's only 3? custom adapter i suppose or buy rims not drilled? is that even possible?

if you got some ideas, porting, wheels, carbs etc...gimme me some love here....im think i'll take a short break from the urbans and see what i can muster up...damn thing has great torgue, so i know it has some good potential- just dont know enough about the 2 speed tranny yet to see what i can pull out of my ass/hat!!!

smother me with it boyz....im all ears like peter rabbit...im just more rabbitt than peter...ha ha....

82 guru/jeff

Re: anyone ever find tg50 honda gyro performance parts?

call provo scooters in canada. Nice guys that are willing to help. Ask them for the stud spacing and base to deck distance on a dio cylinder.

jeff cartwright /

u saying some dio stuff works? i know just a few select spree parts will work... man i hope your right, that would be ass kickin if possible... it would make my year, month ,day, hour, minute and second for sure!!!! well, maybe im exagerating a whincy li'l bit...

82 guru

jeff cartwright /

any specific contact at this place? i'll have to research to find there number unless you have it.. thanks man..

idk if that cylinder fits but it's the first cylinder I'd check to see if it does. Their phone number is on their website and I think you want the parts department. I had them running around for most of an hour looking for thin ringed piston for me, nice people. If they answer in french just say hello and they'll know you don't speak french.

jeff cartwright /

thanks,

called today and emailed- left messages.. no reply yet.. thanks for the tip.. these gyros are a bitch to find parts for...coo machines, but a hassle for oem and aftermarket parts..

82 guru

william mcnelis /

Jeff; my company, Southern Classic Restorations, makes carburettor air horns that look like Dizzy Gillespie's trumpet, and hand made carbon fibre and alloy expansion chambers. With a caburettor jetting change, and some old-fashioned Castro Two Stroke oil (love that smell!), I've had a scoot radar timed at 57 mph. The big catch is that all the above are frightfully dear!!! BillyMac

research around and check out hondaspree.net. I believe there are a few dio/aero corssover parts but I think fo the most part the gyro's on its own

there's a thread over there at hondaspree.net about some dude who ordered a pipe from Japan for 3 gazill dolla. some guy named taz is ordering some 'kits' for the gyro. don't know if it's just a larger piston or the whole kit.

i've had success with a LEM 50cc dirtbike pipe and a honda dio pipe from scrappydog scooters. both bolted up with just minor alterations (opening mounting holes). dirtbike pipe ripped when it hit- felt pretty crazy on a gyro. yamaha tri-zinger DG pipe on ebay should work too straight bolt up with a little creativity.

it's a 2 speed tranny, similar to the Express II, so maybe some parts will cross over from that? best a luck!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account