Mikuni Flat Side HELP

ok....so i just kitted my V1 with the 90cc kit high comp head and mikuni flat side. over 20mph the thing runs great with great throttle response. but from a dead stop to 20.....is redonkulously slow. I am still breaking the kit in and tuning the carb but i cant really tell much of a difference. Anyone have experience with these carbs?

Re: Mikuni Flat Side HELP

Need more info.

What pipe are you running

What main jet, idle jet, and needle are you using.

With a carb that big you aren't going to have great throttle response down low but it shouldn't be terrible.

-Aron

Idle jet?

Air screw turns out?

Needle?

It has a Minarelli EV Racing Turbo Exhaust on it. When I rode it today I removed the air filter and it was great. No bogging down but when in the sunlight you could see a fine mist almost come out the carb where the air filter goes. but no bogging down...it has whatever jets it came with

Nice, so you have un tunned 24mm carb hooked up to a hose, feeding into a 20mm intake, going into an 18mm intake port with stock jetting and You want want some help? Get a new intake! Lower your needle! Reed a manual! You shithead!

Ok for realz: probably good at a 180 - 190 main.

I was able to go with a 10 or 15 idle, both worked for me.

And lean your needle.

RingringBANG ! Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Nice, so you have un tunned 24mm carb hooked up to

> a hose, feeding into a 20mm intake, going into an

> 18mm intake port with stock jetting and You want

> want some help? Get a new intake! Lower your

> needle! Reed a manual! You shithead!

>

> Ok for realz: probably good at a 180 - 190 main.

> I was able to go with a 10 or 15 idle, both worked

> for me.

> And lean your needle.

smaller idle and leaner needle setting for sure. you should also match the intake port to the intake (use an actual 24mm intake).

ever tried to shove your fist inside of your girls butthole? it ain't easy bro. open that shit up!!

i like waffles /

^^^^^^^ this is the best explanation of intake size matching ever.

a 120 main,35 pilot are much more in line with your kit. I can promise you tho that it wont ever work out. Get a delorto 19mm, and be done with it. Sell the flat or save it for an appropriate build. DO NOT run w/o the air filter either. Too lean, and grit on your new skirts will end your thread quickly.

Ok, so no blue clutch springs.. to help get them rpms up before the clutch grabs? (edited)

Overpriced Parts /

Ya I was thinking clutch too

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account