Hpi on motobecane

Kevin Kelley /

Is the timing of a gp1 motobecane for a right turning motor? I have set the timing of the hpi for a right turning engine. the timing mark on the internal rotor set to the second long line on the red pick up, with the logo to the right.

Re: Hpi on motobecane

Kevin Kelley /

so I set the piston to top dead center, and then dropped 2mm back and set the hpi for a right turning engine. This will work if moby is a right turning engine.

Which way does the crank spin... When it's running.

Kevin Kelley /

If you are facing the hpi -your on the right side of the bike, from this point the crank is turning to the right. This av10 I believe spins in the same direction as a puch.

NEMA Victor (3 Knees Down) /

Yes it turns right. Are you asking what to set the timing to or what direction it spins? What's your cylinder kit, that depends on what you want to time at. Also which hpi are you using?

Kevin Kelley /

I'm using the HPI that treats sells for the motobecane. The kit is a malossi 50cc gp1 with a max rotation of 12000 rpm. Treats also sells this kit for $195.00 AV10.

Well it is a right turning engine so what is the question? I am in the middle of setting up an HPI myself so I hope it goes well for you. So far I have an issue with programing mine.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account