Anyone done a puch polini kit on an a35?

Has anyone done a puch polini kit on an a35? Any problems or issues? Need special intake or riser or anything like that? Thinking about trying one out on my a35. Would like to do puch polini and a phbg. Any tips help suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Anyone done a puch polini kit on an a35?

malossi reed block and weekends intake should make it fit in the frame alright. Reline your clutches too. Save yourself the headaches later.

First gear has already been re lined and I have the a35 on a Batavus regency frame. Isn't as much of an obstruction with the tube frame right?

When I take it all apart again Ill check out my clutches again just to be safe though. Thanks for the pointer. I also plan on a new crank and bearings/seals.

Christian Giron /

yes.

The weakends vm20 intake had to be chopped and rotated at both flanges and you'll have to hack and weld another pipe to make it fit. Matt had a doppler laying around so we just cut the flange off my circuit and put it on there. I think he had a simonini that he cut and welded back together.

credit to mattology for this build.

^sick! Blast hard?

I guess all I really want is for my bike to rip harder than it did... Would like to see 50+... 60 would be rad but I don't necessarily want to break the bank in the process... I've been checking out the tuning spreadsheet and I might be able to reach that with a nicely case matched kit and the proper intake/carb/pipe. I just know the polini kit is supposed to be the shit so I asked about it first. I had a non case matched alukit/moped factory intake/1616sha and the homoet pipe and was getting 43-45 out of it... Maybe a case matched one and a mikuni or phbg and a harder hitting pipe will do the trick.

Christian Giron /

It was mattology's old engine and ported polini, I think he was getting 60? with it.

When we first installed it, the ring broke after like 5 minutes then I moved up to charleston literally the next day. I had to leave it tampa for two weeks, brought it up, and now my girlfirend is visiting... haha so I haven't had time to work on it.

Even though this is my 3rd kit and i've broken down engines a couple of times, I still consider myself a n00b when it comes to this polini so I'm trying to take it super slow.

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

I have a polini on my targa, I used the MLM Cali pipe that's designed for Puch kit's on A35s, the 1977 Puch/Peugeot reed block and I had a friend make a custom intake for me.

Reed Block

https://www.1977mopeds.com/product/3102

Pipe

https://www.1977mopeds.com/product/50469

The exhaust is just bolt on and go, and it's an excellent pipe, perfect for city blasting. The intake was pretty tricky, there's only about 1 1/4" <-> 1 1/8" of clearance between the top of the reed block and the frame/gas tank (this reed block points straight up on the tomos). I'm running the 21mm PHBG on it.

Christian- yeah I've had mopeds for years but never tried to mod them until the past year or so. I still consider myself new to all the ins and outs of moped performance. Good luck figuring it all out. Hope you get it blastin again soon.

Marty- my a35 is on a Batavus frame and clearance issues are definitely a concern of mine. I was eyeing that pipe though... Seems like exactly what I need if I go the polini route. it's just so expensive but probably worth every penny if it eliminates the headache of getting it all to work right and it's probably an awesome pipe.

Thanks again you guys for the pointers and info!

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

I'm super impressed with the pipe, much broader powerband compared to the alukit/homoet setup I was running before. Here's a pick of my intake setup...

Damn! That intake is wild! I had the alukit/homoet set up before I blew it up, definitely looking for something more intense. Are you case matched and such? What sort of gearing? What kinda speed are you reaching?

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

Yup I case matched it to the polini, I'm running 27-22 gearing. I can hit 50 without too much difficulty and I'm a big guy.

carl jepsen /

how do the clutches hold up?

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

Too early to tell for me, I've only had my setup for like a month so far and I recorked the clutches during my rebuild. So far so good though.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account