Can you ride a moped with no exhaust?

i know its loud as all hell, but is there any harm or issues that can arise for your engine if you ride around temporarily without an exhaust pipe?

Re: Can you ride a moped with no exhaust?

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

Yes you can, but don't ever do that ever.

But does it do any harm? Im waiting on some parts before i can install a new one and I need some form of transportation.

Derek Lahman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes you can, but don't ever do that ever.

It is bad for the engine, yes. Do not do it unless you want to blow up your engine and your eardrums

LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT!!??????!!! I CANT HEAR YOU!!!!!! MY HEARING IS GONE FROM GOING TO WORK ON MY MOPED WITHOUT AN EXHAUST. Dont do it. You will fuck your bike up. Just put the stock pipe back on it. Not that hard man.

Alrighty, thanks for the input guys

Not only could it mess up the bike, but pissed off neighbours might make it disappear.

No exhaust will lean out your air fuel ratios and cause you to soft seize. I did it on my express..

FAST and loud but didn't last long. Did like 2 driveway runs and then found out later that I had soft seized. Took me a few hours to get the jug, piston and rings fixed.

Overpriced Parts /

I rode a pacer for 2 weeks with no exhaust at all

Nothin happened but pissed off old lady next store

Zeke Rigg /

well if any thing goes into your exhaust, like a rock, you will destroy your cylinder. but other than that the same rules apply to any change make sure your jetting is good and you will be fine.

Do not do this, you will burn your port, and lean out...and piss everyone off anywhere near you. This includes the cops. They have a very limited sense of humor. It will run, but as stated above not for long.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account