Weak-Ends pipe reviews?

Just ordered a Weak-Ends pipe for my magnum and was wondering if anybody had any reviews or comments on what to expect. I have heard a few negative comments since ordering, mainly the quality and performance compared to price. Any thoughts?

Re: Weak-Ends pipe reviews?

Btw it's a 78 XK with a ZA50. Adding a SHA 15.15 and Puch 70cc treat kit. (edited)

Lots of power. Lots of loud.

I've heard they are excellent quality/performers for the price. I think the bad reviews came from one thread where a guy got all bent out of shape cuz his pipe broke and freaked out cuz he had to pay for shipping to get it fixed or something stupid like that, it really had nothing to do with the pipe look it up. But I would love for the Weak-Ends to chime in about this new lovely looking expansion chamber, I would like to know where thy power band lies

They're good high rpm pipes, kinda like a 6p. I've seen one of the earlier hobbit pipes snap in half. I'm sure they're quality has improved since. But ya, the baffle is packed with stainless steel. So it doesn't do much for quieting down, but on the bright side you never have to take your pipe apart. You should take some pics of it mounted on the bike when you get it. It looks really cool in the pictures.

Thanks for the info guys, not worried about the noise, I'll be sure to add a little to the conversation and snap some pics once it's all together.

-Brian- The Ruffians STL /

There is way more than one person who had the pipe snap off or crack. Performancewise they are good. The midrange (at least on the 1st gen) is sickening but the main problem is thin thin thin metal construction. Mine didn't break before I sold it off but I know of/have seen 4 others local-ish-ly that have broken. Maybe they have improved dramatically though. I haven't really heard anything about them lately but everyone I know gave them up after the 4th or 5th time they broke.

personally i'd go mlm or motomatic, never been too impressed nor really depressed by weakends pipes, but never seen anyone run this one. looks pretty rad

Has lots of cones so it must rip, right

Hmmmmm. Hoping this could be an improved version, it was listed as a new item just recently in stock.

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

I've got a 2nd gen Hobbit pipe and am pleased with it. High RPM, good powder, good welds, good look.

And for what its worth, I've seen an MLM pipe break in half. Shit happens.

This looks to be a rad pipe! I'm sure the quality is stellar, good work Weak-Ends!

I've had a few different weak-ends pipes and while all 3 of them have cracked they have all been excellent pipes. all 3 of them were bought almost 2 years ago and the quality/construction of the newer pipes is much much better... i'd say give it a shot... the weak-ends guys are really nice dudes.

I don't have that exact pipe, but I did order one from them for my magnum less than a year ago and it's pretty solid. When the beast hits, it's almost like a savage gear change. You will be impressed.

The new pipes look awesome! I think the quality has much improved in the last 2 years. Love the 2 stage belly chamber with the bend in it

And it's like 12 pieces count em!!! Wow!

To make it short:

Went from Hobos to High Tech.

angle port pipes coming when? I needs for Gila happiness.

Weak-Ends Jamie /

3 stage diffusers. Twice as thick where it counts. Lighter where it needs to be. All hand rolled. Even the stinger has a tig welded belly seam. Set for max torque at around 8900. (Not Max RPM) Made to last. Built to blast. Clear petals. Not on Maxi's. Look good doing it. Hell yes.

Angle happiness will be some time out. I just had a major surgery. Doc said I'm not aloud to lift anything heavy for about one more month. Honda pipes are most likely next. Then what ever is out of stock.... then new stuff.

Well she's big and she's beautiful. I did order a kit and carb a few days later, this can't fit on a stock cylinder.

Everyone talks about removing pucks when kitting a magnum, is this mandatory or just beneficial?

they are talking about REPLACING the pucks not REMOVING them and ZA50's came on other puch's besides magnums.

stock cylinder.....

So Ryan is replacing them mandatory or just beneficial?

depends on the condition of your current pucks. if it shifts soft and creamy-like, then they're probably good. hard shifting? -odds are they need replacing.

over time they tend to crumble and give up their ability to absorb shifting impact.

best suggestion-

crack the case and take a look. better to spend the time fixing it now before your sheer some teeth and cause more damage.

Thanks for the tips! Is this picks issue magnum specific, or ZA50 specific? Or all 2 speeds?

read up on ZA50's in the Wiki

Magnums came with angle port exhausts. Nothing will fit them except pipes made for gilas/heros/metras

Andy- I was worried about that and had asked Benji at treats. He said it would not work without the 70cc kit. The pipe itself was specifically advertised for magnums in the treats description.

just wondering how you are making out with the ped? Cylinder kit come in, any pics?

Detroit Drew Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Andy- I was worried about that and had asked Benji

> at treats. He said it would not work without the

> 70cc kit. The pipe itself was specifically

> advertised for magnums in the treats description.

magnums with a flat port exhaust, which is most kits, just not stock magnum cylinders, hero kits, metros, and gilas, but why would you put a pipe like this on a stock cylinder anyway?

it's going on the 70cc kit as he mentioned

new kit, new pipe, new carb. Solid.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account