puch korado motor or E50

Thinking of a new one speed motor with all the work for my puch. Should I go with a weld build up case type E50 for my bottom end or a bottom end from a korado? I plan on putting on a gila or big port metra. Don't know much about the korado motor other than a ports are bigger, potential bearing problem, and gears somehow reversed. Any info on the korado motor is much needed.

Thanks,

CP

Re: puch korado motor or E50

Overpriced Parts /

You still have to bore out the case for a 80cc ( well actually 74 cc) kit

And metra 80 is not made no more so just get regular cases for Gila then send them to be bored

I have a few e50s

I have one e50 gila

Nothing beats the Korado+65cc hero kit

Korado has 12v

CDI

lite high performance clutch

Well i have an existing e50 with a rito roller bearing crank. Only a polino on it so was going to bump it up to a gila or metra. i have my 80 metra on a za50 welded case right now. Might strip it for the e50. My main concern is if a regular e50's internals are better than the korado internals for high performance use. I need to keep up with the Japanese mopeds and scooters here.

bump. any more inputs on this subject? please.

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

Korado cases (3 bearing) are just fine for modding as long as you use a good trans fluid and change it often.

good luck trying to find a Korado motor.

you seem to be over worried about 2 bearings vs one bearing.

my korado has not blown up yet .not from the lack of trying

What you running coconut? I actually got couple offers for some but not sure if i should pull the trigger.

ive got 3 korado motors all kitted tons of miles on em never a problem with the one bearing setup. only bearing i had to ever replace was on the crankshaft which is totally normal.

i am running the cheapo hero kit 17mm bing. estoril pipe

no need to bore the case out. bolt on kit and go blast.

its way more fun than my gila kit

Crazy Coconut Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i am running the cheapo hero kit 17mm bing.

> estoril pipe

> no need to bore the case out. bolt on kit and go

> blast.

>

> its way more fun than my gila kit

^^^^^^^^^

Kit with the Monza head or stock korado head?

Cleats Onionpockets /

Depends on how you like your squish band. I loved the way the korado head behaved with my hero kit, but maybe the monza has a different shape to it?

3 bearing regular e50. big transfer meat. ducati points. stock roller crank.

for a gila i'd bore e50 cases. but if i could get korado cases i'd run the hero. no question. i'd way rather have a hero korado than a gila'd e50. not near as powerhouse but that shit is so rad and rock solid.

good info guys thanks. chime in with more if you got'em.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account