Garelli "basic" performance questions

Hey I was hoping some of you out there had some advice on what would be the best performance parts for a garelli. I am wondering if its possible/safe to get a bigger piston and what would be the best one to go with. Also would I have to change anything other than the cylinder and the piston? Im very new to this stuff so please excuse my ignorance. Any advice would be great!

Re: Garelli "basic" performance questions

drunken mcfrenzy /

there's not a lot of 'basic' upgrades... sorry.

An expansion chamber pipe and tuning your carb (high flow air filter, upjet) are some basic upgrades that apply to basicly any stock moped.

Yes, there are cylinder kits that bolt up quite easily and you can still run your stock carb and intake. I would however find some sort of expansion chamber exhaust. This will be a mild speed set up, but I imagine it will be an easy 10-15 mph +

Hey anyone who is still inputting. I posted a thread in the moped repair area and it would be much more conducive to my purpose if all the info I obtained could be in one area. also, there are pictures of the bike and alot more info on it. I have seen the polini kits and they're so damn expensive! Ugh

Find my other post :)

Sons of GROMarchy /

Why don't you at least link to it, rather than making the people who are trying to help you search for it?

garelli cylinders have good ports stock. a good carb(phbg 17) and a pipe(cheap treats 'black chamber')adds a lot. but a polini 70 is worth those big bucks!

idk how?

-supernoob...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account