Ideas for pc penny swinger 1 (rigid)

I just received a pc penny swinger 1 in trade for some subs and an iPod, a good deal in my opinon for some outdated electronics. This is my first moped and I am very new to the whole 2 stoke engine setup or any engine for that matter. The ped runs well but the crab is shot so I bought a new bing 15mm carb and a 66 jet along with blue clutch springs. I am a college student with a decent budget and my final goal is for the e50 1 speed motor to push around 45-50 without sacrificing too much reliability in the process. I am looking for some advice on what are the best upgrades for this application from some of you pros out there!

Thanks for reading my first post!

Re: Ideas for pc penny swinger 1 (rigid)

i hate when my crab is shot, theyre so little!

Andrew Squiggman /

dont mind the crabs, he has the elusive PC Penny! Way better than the S.A.R.S. free spirit!

what about the kro-mac? I'm not very PC .

A Boy Named Britchez ... /

Pcp swingers are pretty awesome to party with

Christian Giron /

put a lifan on it

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

You can either Get a bigger cylinder or do some porting to the stock cylinder. Youll definitely need a new exhaust.

To get it that fast and reliable youre going to spend a bit of money and a lot of time. Start searching around here and reading everything. Theres work your cylinder will need to keep reliability, youll need to get familiar with timing, and your carb will need jetted properly. How did you decide on a 66 jet? I assume the 15 Bing is larger than what you had so youll need to upjet it over what your bike had before.

Id say do some research and figure out your end goal and the first things you should buy would be an exhaust, all of the jets ranging from 60-80 and new tires.

Heres an old sayin that means everything:

Cheap, fast, reliable. Pick two.

I pick fast and reliable then.

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

To new riders I cant stress enough that cheap includes time and money.

joshua- i have already purchased new tires and tubes along with a higher performance air filter. When i purchased the new carb i read on www.1977mopeds.com that a 64 or 66 jet is the right replacement for the stock carb and i choose to go with the 66 because of the air filter.

obviously fast and reliable would be my first choice. does rmps effect reliablity directly? i am assuming less rotations equals less friction and wear and tear- but like i said i have no clue what i am talking about.

65 Metra kit, MLM pipe, 19phbg, new intake, new front forks, keep points.

50mph bike and reliable.

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

I wouldn't trust something that says 64 or 66 is the correct one. All bikes are different. Elevation, temperature, humidity, timing, pipe and rider weight all can make a difference.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account