Gila ring gap

What do you gap your rings on ur gila kit at.

Re: Gila ring gap

wiki?

If I have no manufacture spec then I use 0,004 per 1,00 of bore street or 0,006 per 1,00 for racing or 0,008 per 1,00 for vintage motors.

gap the fuck out of it. too much gap (to a point) will just loose a tiny bit of compression, which will just make it run cooler which will just help you not blow your bike up. which is pretty much what you were trying to achieve in the first place, right? gilas are just fancy IED's that slick dudes jack off with. i love mine.

If the compression decreases, that means that hot burning mix is being blown down the side of the piston. The point is to create the best seal possible without letting the ends touch and bulge out into the ports, not to make a crappy seal. A hot cylinder head is better than a hot piston.

I think I set mine around .006" per inch of bore.

^the wiki sure as fuck did not disclose such adamant details.

Im well aware of what the wiki states for gap per of bore ive built and gapped many a kits. This is the first gila i have ever built actually the first larger than 70cc kit. And i dint know if the dykes ring required a different gap than regular. I basicly was trying to see what people set there gaps at. Thanks (edited)

If you are running two rings you can gap them on the wide side. I use .012"

I have used .012-.014"

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account