Honda NU50 new tires

Hi,

I recently put on two new tires for my 83 urban because I bought it with the original ones still on. The new ones are much heavier and bulkier and the rear tire is slightly larger than standard but fits without issue. The problem is that I lost around 4 mph with the new ones. I'm curious if the heavier tires really could have this considerable effect or did I make a mistake reassembling although seems to run fine. Please let me know if anyone else has encountered this before. Also if they know where or if new tires similar to the originals can be purchased.

Thanks

Re: Honda NU50 new tires

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

if you put a bigger rear tire on check for rubbing a 2.75 is standard for rear so a 3.00 will change your gearing a little and could slow you down, I dont think 4mph though. If you put a bigger front tire on that might effect your speedo so maybe thats whats off

Yeah they both are bulkier but I only believe one is actually measured as larger. I think it was the front. There is no contact between the tires and fenders, everything turns freely. I really don't want to buy new tires again so I'm considering an exhaust if I can find one.

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

which one measured larger? frt? bck? what size did you put on the front and the back????????

Moby Express /

14 X 2.75 is stock rear

16 x 2.25 is stock front.

as said before.. changing the front may make the speedo off a little.

Front tire is 2.5 by 16 and the back it just says 14.

The part no for the front is reinf. 42j and it's a Pirelli

The back is irc nr73

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account