New guy with a question.

Hey everyone, I just recently got a little electric moped and had a few questions about the performance.

I am very new to this so please bare with me.

The model of the bike is a 2009 E-Moto Metro (cheap chinese electric moped). I already figured out how to remove the governor and Im REALLY enjoying the extra boost. :D

Now I want more speed. Is this possible? Where do I start?

I have $$ so thats not a huge issue. I just want to get this bad boy up to around 45 - 50mph. I can get it to about 34mph right now on a full charge while using the boost.

Any info is appreciated!

Re: New guy with a question.

Not a moped you are in the wrong place.

-Aron

My mistake.

What is it classified as? A scooter?

Better Fส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ster /

I believe that what you have is a scooter. Most of what people deal with on here are gas powered bikes, so I'm guessing that you won't find too much on here very useful.

If you want more speed, you're going to need to increase the power output somehow then run taller gearing. Other than that, I don't really know how to help you out. I don't work on electric vehicles much. Gearing may be the place to start though.

yeah that's a scooter but even scooter people won't be able to really help you since it's electric.

Your best bet is to search for a forum specifically geared towards electric bikes. Most likely the majority of the people on those forums will have made their own bike but they'll have the knowledge to help you out.

Good luck.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account