Reed Upgrade on a Tomos a35

I'm looking for someone who knows a thing or two about tuning a35s. Would I see any gains from swapping out the reeds with my setup. Right now, I'm running the stock cylinder with a techno bullet pipe and a SHA 16.16 carb. My intake is the Moped Factory one that is huge and unrestricted. Finally, my air filter is a unifoam.

Thanks, looking to get a some cheap gains if there are any left to be had.

Re: Reed Upgrade on a Tomos a35

You could get the dual stage Boyesen reeds:

https://www.treatland.tv/boyesen-dual-stage-power-reeds-puch-p/boyesen-dual-stage-reeds-puch.html

You could also get a 27T front sprocket for some more top end, but you'll lose a little low end.

Cant go wrong with the 70cc alukit, it is much lighter and the performance gains are amazing, and there only 115 bucks for the whole kit i think

I can't afford (sanity) to lose any low end so a larger sprocket is out of the question. I also can't afford (money) to buy a kit. I'm generally content with my 50cc hitting a consistent 35mph and still getting 100mpg. The reeds seem like an attractive upgrade which I just started to look into.

If I get those dual stage ones, should my main jet size be taken into consideration when upgrading?

yeah....go with the boysen reed ....just make sure they sit flat on the reed block & use lock tite on the screws, i dont think it will change your jetting, but double check the plug after a ride

dont worry about loosing low end , if anything it will be better

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account