Bought a clean 77 Garelli ssxl for $500 which wasnt running as well as I wanted so I decided to put some money into it.
70cc polini kit
21mm Dellorto PHBG racing carb (92main/50ide/60starter/40slide/W7needle)
NOS CEV horn/light switch
New cables/levers all around
New brake shoes
Replaced fuel-line/fuel filter
I understand the lack of pictures is less than entertaining but I have a few questions if you'd like to help me out.
1. Previous owner cut out pretty much the entire exhaust and Im currently without an air filter. Is this going to harm the bike or make tuning/jetting the carb useless after I install exhaust/air filter?
2. Planning on getting weak-ends exhaust and malossi 90deg filter. Suggestions?
3. Having trouble wiring the horn/light switch. I have Yellow/Red/Grey/Green coming from the harness but the CEV switch only has white/brown/blue. My plan is the use a multimeter to test for continuity but Im still with an extra wire?
4. Stock gear ratio is 10x32. How low is too low for the rear if Im looking for torque? top speed and mpg are not much of a concern but I will be doing ~5mile trips relatively often.
5. Will 32:1 gas/oil mixture be too lean? Previous owner suggested 20:1
6. I know jetting is much from feel but any suggestions when getting started? Should i plan on downjetting from the 92?
7. Ive tried to do some research on reed kits and race clutches but I cant find much info. Suggestions?
8. Colunbus, Ohio moped community? whats this i read about pedshow coming to columbus?
Thanks for any responses, this thing is lookin pretty badass so I'll have a picture up soon enough