Puch Maxi Flywheel

Hi people of the moped world. I was wondering what would happen if I JB Welded one of my flywheel magnets on. I'm pretty sure it won't send it off balance- 2 of 2 people said it wouldn't. But I forgot to ask what it would do to the spark of the moped. Could the JB weld on the back of one of the flywheel magnets stop the moped from sparking?

Re: Puch Maxi Flywheel

I'd recommend you just replace the flywheel with a good used one. I imagine you could find one for a few dollars. You could epoxy the magnets on (they are attached this way from the factory on many mopeds) but you'll probably want something better than jb weld. If the magnets have any cracks, that will mess them up. The main problem is that if the magnets come free while the engine is running it will make a big mess of the stator.

Well that's exactly what happened. The magnet came loose but it didn't really do anything to the stator. This will just be a temporary repair until I have the money to buy a new flywheel. I was actually running the moped with the magnet hanging off until I ran the moped out of gas which could have ruined it but luckily it didn't.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I was actually running the moped with the magnet hanging off until I ran the moped out of gas which could have ruined it but luckily it didn't.

WAT? pics?

I didn't think to take pics. Hahahaha. That was a priceless reaction. What was happening was that the magnet was magnetically attached by one side to the flywheel and the other was banging against the ignition coil. And when I stopped the motor, I heard a click click click click. And as the motor stopped turning the clicking stopped too. I took off the flywheel cover the flywheel magnet was hanging on. I can give you pics if you want? Do you want them?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account